XLX2 & 1717 issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

six7jedi

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Any help would be appreciated. Esc just keeps beeping. Checked all connections numerous times and get servo responsefrom transmitter but no response on throttle. Also tried to update firmware via castle b-link. After several minutes, (20 at one point), no change in the progress. Bar on bottom keeps going like somethings happening but no change in the top bar indicating 1 of 3 packages. Tried calibration setup on spektrum and futaba motors.

Have you tried calibrating with throttle reversed on transmitter

Okay go to where esc is beeping. Then turn THROTTLE TRIM down till ya hear it recalibrate...then redo calibration and all good

Could you possibly shoot a quick video so we can see/hear what's happening? That would be really helpful.
Okay go to where esc is beeping. Then turn THROTTLE TRIM down till ya hear it recalibrate...then redo calibration and all good
Trim, definitely set to zero. Tried on here and on original felony remote.

image.jpg

Could you possibly shoot a quick video so we can see/hear what's happening? That would be really helpful.
Have video. Just trying to figure out how to post it.
Cant send video.

Nope, this is initial setup after getting bullets and qs connectors ready. Definitely not my first rc rodeo, just my first with Castle.
I assume it has not run at all?

My best guess is that you have it plugged in with sensored cable and A/B/C of the motorcables don't match the esc.
All in place firmly

Attachments

• 393AB396-ED06-4913-985C-F7EEE8B575A0.jpeg
    393AB396-ED06-4913-985C-F7EEE8B575A0.jpeg
    283.1 KB · Views: 41
Do you have a different motor you can connect to the esc? Or a different esc you can connect the motor to? I’d try changing out a motor, esc, or receiver just for diagnostic purposes.

I'm constantly switching motors an recalibrating..almost always from the beginning power systems up,then bring throttle trim down to calibrate, castle does this so ya don't have a runaway car when ya powerup...you must figure out how to bring th trim down to sink
I'm constantly switching motors an recalibrating..almost always from the beginning power systems up,then bring throttle trim down to calibrate, castle does this so ya don't have a runaway car when ya powerup...you must figure out how to bring th trim down to sink
Se th trim an steering trim in center of settings when power up an bring tx down

Aux cable plugged in?

Post video on youtube and link it here.

Seen similar after someone used the bluetooth link to change settings. ESC would not react to anything and was beeping.
The only thing that helped was re-loading firmware with a USB adapter.

On one of my Castle ESCs (can't remember which one), the harness was not seated right (or the pin wasn't) - I unplugged it and re-seated the sockets inside the housing (as well as making sure the pins on the ESC were straight) and that seemed to do the trick. Before it wasn't getting any throttle response and afterwards it worked.

Just throwing that out there as an option to try.

Hello there! I have an ideea!
I'm not 100% sure, but I think I had a similar problem.
I just could not recalibrate. Initially I thought my receiver broke.
Do this: Create a new profile (Model) on your Futaba remote control. Try then to recalibrate without ANY modifications on that new profile.
Tell me what happens :)

Try updating the firmware, even if you’re on the most current version. That’a the first thing castle does when you send it back.

Nope, this is initial setup after getting bullets and qs connectors ready. Definitely not my first rc rodeo, just my first with Castle.

All in place firmly
Call CC... Maybe the F/W is bricked/ corrupted. And even a new flash of the F/W wont work. You said it took 20 min to update.:unsure: But never did ???
The ESC won't initialize once powered ON.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back