XLX2 Connectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xLeGeNDx

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
For the XLX2 croud what are you guys running for connectors? Right now I got EC5s and they are just absolutely horrible (ie, the pins slip out of the housing just an overall bad design)

What do you guys run for connectors? Would XT90s be fine?

For the XLX2 croud what are you guys running for connectors? Right now I got EC5s and they are just absolutely horrible (ie, the pins slip out of the housing just an overall bad design)

What do you guys run for connectors? Would XT90s be fine?
No don't use XT90 for that much power. I am pretty sure most speed runners XT-150 or something like that.

I like QS8 connectors but if you’re having pins fall out of your EC5 housing then something is broken. They are also good connectors as long as they are used within their spec.

The only thing I can think of these are just garbage, I like the QS8s but they are pretty pricey. I'll try my hand with some XT150s and of those are the same then I'll suck it up for the QS8s

Connector rating:
Tamiya plug - 6.5 amps
Deans - 45 amps
EC3 - 60 amps
XT60 - 60 amps
Castle 4.0mm Polarized - 75 amps
XT90 - 90 amps
EC5 - 120 amps
Castle 5.5mm bullets - 150 amps
XT150 - 150 amps
Castle 6.5mm Polarized - 200 amps
Castle 8.0mm bullets - 300 amps
QS8 - 300 amps

Connector rating:
Tamiya plug - 6.5 amps
Deans - 45 amps
EC3 - 60 amps
XT60 - 60 amps
Castle 4.0mm Polarized - 75 amps
XT90 - 90 amps
EC5 - 120 amps
Castle 5.5mm bullets - 150 amps
XT150 - 150 amps
Castle 6.5mm Polarized - 200 amps
Castle 8.0mm bullets - 300 amps
QS8 - 300 amps
I would assume those are continuous ratings and not max ratings. I have pulled 330 amps through my ec5 without issue @ max draw.

@Boodaggy Yes, those are the standard ratings.
Standard ratings = temp increase is nominal (~40F over ambient)
Max rating is ambient +(~80F) i.e. temperature of your connector. Rough temp values.
You can always pull more through any connector but temp will increase exponentially and ultimately de-solder and definitely melt any plastic.

@Boodaggy Yes, those are the standard ratings.
Standard ratings = temp increase is nominal (~40F over ambient)
Max rating is ambient +(~80F) i.e. temperature of your connector. Rough temp values.
You can always pull more through any connector but temp will increase exponentially and ultimately de-solder and definitely melt any plastic.
Yeah I figured. That 330 is just momentarily and I am betting on normal bash sessions I'm not even close to 150 Amps average.

So update, after playing around with the xt150s I'm ditching them in favor of the QS8s

Kinda disappointed with the XTs I've tried letting them cool and also tried right after soldering the bullet is like throwing a hotdog down a hallway loose in the housing like my EC5s. So QS8 connectors it is.

So update, after playing around with the xt150s I'm ditching them in favor of the QS8s

Kinda disappointed with the XTs I've tried letting them cool and also tried right after soldering the bullet is like throwing a hotdog down a hallway loose in the housing like my EC5s. So QS8 connectors it is.
I’ve never had issues with my XT150 like that. Did you buy genuine Amass ones?

Sounds like too much heat ... what temp are you soldering at? Also, are you plugging in the opposite gender connector to keep the pins aligned and also sink away some of the heat?

Sounds like too much heat ... what temp are you soldering at? Also, are you plugging in the opposite gender connector to keep the pins aligned and also sink away some of the heat?

Ive tried every trick in the book, I even went the slow route and dialed back to 25w.
Maybe I got a bad batch of plastics idk, but im sure my limitless will thank me in the end for the QS8s

I always have a connector plugged in when I solder, tin the wire first, heat up and melt some tin into the cup and insert the wire. Max. is 5s with heat applied. Never had issues with XT types. There are fakes with cheap plastic out there.
EC are press-fit and they can't be loose, no matter what. Unless you got some fake connectors or installed incorrectly?

That is a possibility, but the XTs came from Amass directly so idk, the EC5s could have been fakes for sure since i didnt know the main manufacture of them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back