XLX2 Connectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive tried every trick in the book, I even went the slow route and dialed back to 25w.
Maybe I got a bad batch of plastics idk, but im sure my limitless will thank me in the end for the QS8s

well you’ll really like the QS8 connectors - the housings are really heat tolerant - haven’t gotten close to harming one even with copious amounts of heat during soldering

Connector rating:
Tamiya plug - 6.5 amps
Deans - 45 amps
EC3 - 60 amps
XT60 - 60 amps
Castle 4.0mm Polarized - 75 amps
XT90 - 90 amps
EC5 - 120 amps
Castle 5.5mm bullets - 150 amps
XT150 - 150 amps
Castle 6.5mm Polarized - 200 amps
Castle 8.0mm bullets - 300 amps
QS8 - 300 amps
great post

The Anti- Spark feature is the main reason you would go with QS8's.
Aside from the fact they are larger 8mm bullets.
QS8's are more bang for the buck over EC8's, for this reason.
And I always felt EC-"x" connectors are more cumbersome to solder. Then, having to insert/press into and assembled into the housing jacket.
You have to use very neat soldering skills, or the bullets will not insert properly into the Connector housings. They get all jacked up rather easily with messy soldering. I personally don't have issues soldering. Just that there is less room for error with EC connectors. From my experience.
As plain connectors go EC's are functionally still fine.(y) However, the plastic jacket/housing does seem softer than most other connectors.
I am an XT guy.

Last edited:
The Anti- Spark feature is the main reason you would go with QS8's.
Aside from the fact they are larger 8mm bullets.
QS8's are more bang for the buck over EC8's, for this reason.
And I always felt EC-"x" connectors are more cumbersome to solder. Then insert/press into and assembled into the housing.
You have to use very neat soldering skills, or the bullets will not insert properly into the Connector housings. They get all jacked up rather easily with messy soldering. I personally don't have issues soldering. Just that there is less room for error with EC connectors. From my experience.
As plain connectors go they are still fine.(y)
I am an XT guy.
I have since switched to qs8 connectors from ec5 and haven't looked back. Everything I run is qs8 now. They are so much nicer to work with. Easier to solder, and you can easily reuse them. The anti spark keeps the bullets in great shape too.

EC8 do not have an anti-spark feature.
You are correct they do not but if you unplug batteries instead of turning off power you don’t get spark anyway. Also I prefer the one piece design of the ec8 and more of a solder area than the half moon solder area of the Qs8. To each is own though

^^^
The Connector sparking issue is when you Connect the plugs together. Not when unplugging them, whether the ESC is switched ON or OFF. When Lipos are Fully charged, especially 8s volts,(33.6volts) sparking is most apparent. Hearing that loud "Pop". Then the connector's bullets get arced, and fouled, even melted. It's like electric welding metals together with 33.6 volts. Be careful. There is just no way to avoid arcing unless you have anti-spark connectors with built in Resistors to absorb it. Just because the power switch is turned OFF, won't prevent this.
If ESC's were designed better this would not happen in the first place. I say it is an electrical design flaw that no ESC brands have addressed. Is what it is.
Any ESC must be Switched OFF before connecting a Lipo. Just a rule. But won't prevent Arcing.

Last edited:
^^^
The Connector sparking issue is when you Connect the plugs together. Not when unplugging them, whether the ESC is switched ON or OFF. When Lipos are Fully charged, especially 8s volts,(33.6volts) sparking is most apparent. Hearing that loud "Pop". Then the connector's bullets get arced, and fouled, even melted. It's like electric welding metals together with 33.6 volts. Be careful. There is just no way to avoid arcing unless you have anti-spark connectors with built in Resistors to absorb it. Just because the power switch is turned OFF, won't prevent this.
If ESC's were designed better this would not happen in the first place. I say it is an electrical design flaw that no ESC brands have addressed. Is what it is.
Any ESC must be Switched OFF before connecting a Lipo. Just a rule. But won't prevent Arcing.
U understand what sparking is lol and all I’m saying is no need to spend money on “anti sparking” Qs8. I have no issues with ec8 connector. I never get a spark when plugging in. Like I said if you unplug batteries before turning off esc the next time you plug the batteries in you will not have a spark because no stored energy left in the esc to cause the arc. This is supppsed to be a forum for information not arguing lol. Like I said don’t take my word for it do research yourself And you’ll see doing this way won’t give you the spark or “pop” caused my stored energy

U understand what sparking is lol and all I’m saying is no need to spend money on “anti sparking” Qs8. I have no issues with ec8 connector. I never get a spark when plugging in. Like I said if you unplug batteries before turning off esc the next time you plug the batteries in you will not have a spark because no stored energy left in the esc to cause the arc. This is supppsed to be a forum for information not arguing lol. Like I said don’t take my word for it do research yourself And you’ll see doing this way won’t give you the spark or “pop” caused my stored energy
You need a better understanding of the ESC Capacitors and how they work with ESC's power main.
If you truly understood what you are saying to be true, you would have the word Capacitor in your sentence somewhere.
EC8's are just fine. No argument there.
No reason to explain further.
I will assume you are making an assumption. And I accept it. Maybe your assumption works for you. All good with that too.

That is a possibility, but the XTs came from Amass directly so idk, the EC5s could have been fakes for sure since i didnt know the main manufacture of them.
I honestly think Amass makes the EC5 connectors too.

@slick2500, I believe HH still holds the EC-x patent if I am correct. Why do you feel Amass makes the EC's also??? Amass strictly the XT's. Last I heard.
The XT's have been copied like the Deans were. Actual Bootlegs, even "Amass" stamped copies, etc.
I don't know that EC's have been copied yet. If anyone even bothered to copy it, yet that is.:unsure:

@slick2500, I believe HH still holds the EC-x patent if I am correct. Why do you feel Amass makes the EC's also??? Amass strictly the XT's. Last I heard.
The XT's have been copied like the Deans were. Actual Bootlegs, even "Amass" stamped copies, etc.
I don't know that EC's have been copied yet. If anyone even bothered to copy it, yet that is.:unsure:
I was thinking of QS8 connectors not EC my bad.

Yeah QS8's(y)(y):)
They do appear identical in shape to XT90-S. Just larger, on steroids, with resistors. And black, instead of yellow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back