Outcast Xlx2 mounting options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screaminyz

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
2nd post on here just wanted to say hello to everyone and also see what my options are for mounting the XLX2 on my O8s EXB. This is my 1st Arrma vehicle but have been in the hobby on and off for over 25 years. I’m still in the process of gathering everything for this beast, need batteries and connectors and possibly a new transmitter. So far I have the Xlx2/1100 combo, Saga Custom pinions, Hitec WP845 Servo. I know M2c makes a mount but was wondering if anyone makes one similar in carbon fiber or in a cheaper 6061 aluminum. What about some really heavy duty Velcro and zip ties? What’s everyone’s opinion on this?

I made a template of the screw pattern and transferred it onto the top of the rx box. Then I drilled holes in it and mounted it directly to the cover.

Traced a template. It wasn't straight, only 2 screw fit and only 5 fit into the RX box. Lol.

Still works great though. 2 sided tape and 2 screws.

Traced a template. It wasn't straight, only 2 screw fit and only 5 fit into the RX box. Lol.

Still works great though. 2 sided tape and 2 screws.

iirc, I had to strategically place it in order to access all the rx box screws. Also had to dremel a support rib out of the underside of the rx cover to allow for one of the screws.

Find a friend who has the M2C mount, then just copy it 😉 make it out of whatever you want, carbon, lexan or lesser aluminium..👍🏼

I was going to just drill the servo/receiver box lid on mine, then decided to just buy the M2C plate it's a lot less hassle..

iirc, I had to strategically place it in order to access all the rx box screws. Also had to dremel a support rib out of the underside of the rx cover to allow for one of the screws.
Definitely forgot I smoothed all the nubs off with the Drexel. Lol

I made a template of the screw pattern and transferred it onto the top of the rx box. Then I drilled holes in it and mounted it directly to the cover.
Brilliant!!! Simple and free that’s what I was looking for 👍.
Find a friend who has the M2C mount, then just copy it 😉 make it out of whatever you want, carbon, lexan or lesser aluminium..👍🏼

I was going to just drill the servo/receiver box lid on mine, then decided to just buy the M2C plate it's a lot less hassle..
I was hoping Basherqueen made one but no luck, her prices seem reasonable for what you get. All my buddies have Xmaxx so I’m SOL. 😂 I’ll just make a template and use that to drill my holes.

Last edited:
Practical proto has a mount that works well. Those xlx2 switches are kinda janky... I wish they were just a push button.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back