Xlx2 noob question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnytoofast

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
So I'm running the xlx2 in my open wheel limitless and am running the 1717 800kv motor.
Question is, can I run a 1250 kV spectrum motor on that esc just to see if the higher kv will help in my Speedrun?
TIA

I didn’t know they made a 1717 in 800kv.
The 1250kv spectrum only has 6.5mm bullets, otherwise it’s should be fine.

If you are running the 1717 and not the 2028, after swapping bullets it should be fine. If you are really looking for faster runs and have the 2028, gear it up. The smaller spektrum 1250kv has nowhere near the watt output the 2028 does.

Yes you can but as said above you'll need to change the bullets to 8mm. Honestly your better off IMO staying with the 2028 or going to the 1717 1260kv or 1650kv. Spektrum motors are nothing impressive to say the least.

So I'm running the xlx2 in my open wheel limitless and am running the 1717 800kv motor.
Question is, can I run a 1250 kV spectrum motor on that esc just to see if the higher kv will help in my Speedrun?
TIA
My bad was thinking of a different one. It is the 2028. Finger type faster then my brain thinks. Lol but yea I'm already running 42/25

My bad was thinking of a different one. It is the 2028. Finger type faster then my brain thinks. Lol but yea I'm already running 42/25
How fast are you running? There may be other areas of improvement to make your vehicle faster. If you think the motor is at its capacity, there are other brands (like TPPower) that offer slightly more powerful motors. There is a runner at 190mph and his logs show he isn't pulling much power above what the 2028 can output.

How fast are you running? There may be other areas of improvement to make your vehicle faster. If you think the motor is at its capacity, there are other brands (like TPPower) that offer slightly more powerful motors. There is a runner at 190mph and his logs show he isn't pulling much power above what the 2028 can output.
Mind sharing who's hitting 190?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back