Xlx2 settings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
Good evening arrma fam! Just got the b-link thingy for my xlx2 and I don't have the foggiest idea how to set this thing up properly for some amateur speed running. Looking to get 100mph in the Toe Cutter w/ this current setup- hw 4985 1650kv (will swap in a tp 4060cm when I get some 8mm pinions), 32p/34t spool, gp5 diffs f/r. Set both brakes & drag brake to 60% - really concerned about getting stopped. Too much/little? What about punch control? Torque control? Timing? Throttle & brake curve? Easier setting throttle timing on the nb4 for a good steady pull?
I haven't even really run this thing yet since I put in the new xlx2, so I just wanted some clarification from the experts before I go wreck this thing 1st time out 😀🤞
& it's been about a month since my last run so my trigger finger is getting really itchy!!!

Start with timing at 0°. At that gearing you should be fine with 40-50% braking. I like turning down punch control to 80-100% for speed running as you're trying to avoid amp spikes as much as possible. For bashing, set it to 0% (punch control works the opposite of what you'd expect - 100% punch is the lowest punch setting; you're setting punch limiting and not punch level). Don't worry about torque control. Leave throttle and brake curves linear.

And yeah, just use your transmitter to dial in the details :)

Edit: Don't forget to set cutoff voltage to no cutoff for speed running. I also don't run any drag brake. I like the brakes to only apply when I choose to, but that's a personal preference. I know that some people like to use this as a sort of fail safe so, season to taste :)

Last edited:
Start with timing at 0°. At that gearing you should be fine with 40-50% braking. I like turning down punch control to 80-100% for speed running as you're trying to avoid amp spikes as much as possible. For bashing, set it to 0% (punch control works the opposite of what you'd expect - 100% punch is the lowest punch setting; you're setting punch limiting and not punch level). Don't worry about torque control. Leave throttle and brake curves linear.

And yeah, just use your transmitter to dial in the details :)

Edit: Don't forget to set cutoff voltage to no cutoff for speed running. I also don't run any drag brake. I like the brakes to only apply when I choose to, but that's a personal preference. I know that some people like to use this as a sort of fail safe so, season to taste :)
Awesome info man! Thanks for sharing, I'll make the necessary changes. Hopefully my next update will include some good numbers!!🙂🤞👍🤘

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back