Xlx2 so is the new esc any good did they fix the problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3Cortez

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
Xlx2 is the esc fixed? I purchased the combo with the castle 1100 kv ran 1time the esc cut of lights blinking and wouldn’t run turned it off then back on and same problem. Sent it back to castle and tech said they found no problem with it lol. So now it sits on my shelf. I purchased the hobby wing max 5 and 5687 motor so far so good.

I hear of bad cust service also with CC. Sending back stuff like they never checked them at all. But they supposedly have the best ESC's.
I never bought a CC setup. All HW stuff here.
Just make sure the Firmware is updated with the CC stuff. I heard that the CC ESC fires were because of a bad batch in production. That they sorted out.:unsure:

I have all but one Castle setup. Not saying that you didnt but you really need to UPDATE FIRMWARE as soon as possible when you get the new esc.
There wasnt really a problem physically...to my understanding it was a simple firmware thing that they needed to sort out. and yes they did. The new update has fixed the issues.

I heard some had F/W issues. High temps. Mostly with Higher Kv and Delta wound motors. Hence the update. And a small batch physically had bad shunt assembly. Shorting out Causing fires.

I hear of bad cust service also with CC.
CC has easily some of the best customer service in the game. Having dealt personally with CC CS on multiple occasions, they have bent over backwards to make everything right on all counts.

CC has easily some of the best customer service in the game. Having dealt personally with CC CS on multiple occasions, they have bent over backwards to make everything right on all counts.
Im with you but like all companies there's always gonna be bad instances. imo

Xlx2 is the esc fixed? I purchased the combo with the castle 1100 kv ran 1time the esc cut of lights blinking and wouldn’t run turned it off then back on and same problem. Sent it back to castle and tech said they found no problem with it lol. So now it sits on my shelf. I purchased the hobby wing max 5 and 5687 motor so far so good.

When leds are blinking it's trying to tell you something. If it was bad, it wouldn't be blinking.
If you then just ship it back and they don't run into problems in their standard tests, it will be deemed good. My suggestion is to always talk/mail with customer support instead of blindly shipping it back as supposing to be faulty.

(just an example, it's not the xlx2 codelist tbh)
1635073435820.png

Then again, if you just want the plug and play experience and hobbywing suffices for you. everybody happy...

Personally I've had nothing but bad experiences with CC's customer service, I've even tried reaching out to their representatives on the forum and was promptly ignored, which is unfortunate because their products are second to none.
I've bought 2 XLX2 + motor combos and both were sent back, typically you're supposed to send the product back to Castle directly but as I live in England it's SO much easier to just send it back to the shop I bought it from. Much less aggro and they just give you a replacement the moment they've confirmed the fault, every replacement I got back was perfect and still sealed in the box.
Funnily enough I looked into the way one of mine died and I couldn't find anyone else who had the same issue, the internal BEC just suicided and couldn't connect to Castle Link anymore, however you could backfeed it with an external BEC.

Either way if you want power, there are no other products that will give you anything comparable to Castle's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back