SOLD / FOUND Xmaxx 8s motor / heat sink / fans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I may make a suggestion, take a look at the TP5840s motor, it weighs less than the Hobbywing, and it runs like a scalded dog! It's a 58mm finned can, buts it's only 84mm long and still fits nice in between the frame rails of the Xmaxx. I got the 1150kv y-wind version and run 30/54 gearing and it's insane
Thank you for the suggestion. Is this a custom order motor? I don’t see the 5840 on the website. Though I am blind.
I did move the esc to on top of the receiver box so I do have some more room to fit a longer motor.

4C762CD6-A092-484B-A47E-DEDF795830DB.jpeg

Yes sir, Traxxas must have been paying attention finally to what people were doing with the Xmaxx.. I see there's a few other changes they made like making it much easier to get to the servo
Thats good to know, I'd be sad if it was harder to fit a 92mm in the XRT. I actually just installed one of those ebay rx box relocation kits so now I have enough room to even mount the castle 2028 which is 112m long iirc. The box was made for the xmaxx so it's not as perfect on the XRT but it's functional and works good enough in the XRT.
Thank you for the suggestion. Is this a custom order motor? I don’t see the 5840 on the website. Though I am blind.
I did move the esc to on top of the receiver box so I do have some more room to fit a longer motor.

View attachment 258858
Yea its custom ordered and since you already moved your esc you're definitely better off just getting the tp 5660. It's more powerful and you will have it within the week instead of 4-5 weeks the custom orders take.

I got mine off ebay from r-mamba brushless and had it in about 2 weeks which I thought was pretty good for a special order
I got stupid unlucky ordering from rmamba. Really nice guy but when I ordered my sensored tp 5650 1720kv China apparently got hit with a covid lock down and my motor took almost 8 weeks 🤣 🤣. Totally not his fault though. China is crazy.

I swear my Xmaxx motor is crap compared to everyone else. Even with a max5 and silicone ear plugs in center diff it no way wheelies like that.
Im starting to think something is wrong with the motor.
How old is it? I know that after a few months, one of my X-Maxx stock motors slowed down for some reason. I couldn't even do a backflip. Even with the Max 6 and 20/50 gearing. There was something wrong with it, even though it ran OK, but slower somehow. I bet you have the same issue.

That almost seems like the motor overheated and the magnets or something got damaged.

How old is it? I know that after a few months, one of my X-Maxx stock motors slowed down for some reason. I couldn't even do a backflip. Even with the Max 6 and 20/50 gearing. There was something wrong with it, even though it ran OK, but slower somehow. I bet you have the same issue.
Yes it just runs slow. Doesn’t want to backflip that’s for sure. Bought at the end of March of this year. Compared to my Arrma rigs it feels weak even with stock electronics.
I wish I had more funds atm cause I would rip out this POS motor and get a good one. I know people like the traxxas motors but my short experience at least with the 8s motors is junk. I feel like it’s been underpowered the moment I bought it.

for reference. My outcast 6s is a wheelie machine, and I get that, but I barely have to tap the throttle and it wants to go. For me to even wheelie in the Xmaxx I have to pin the throttle to the max from a standstill. Wondering if new tires would make a huge difference.

As you guys can see , my Xmaxx on stock motor ( it’s 6 years old now) , stock gearing , Firma 160a ESC pulls 43mph , wheelies with ease . It’s going back in cause I’m taking out the K8S ESC / motor for the K8s EXB roller I have coming . And actually will buy a Max6 for the Xmaxx .

As you guys can see , my Xmaxx on stock motor ( it’s 6 years old now) , stock gearing , Firma 160a ESC pulls 43mph , wheelies with ease . It’s going back in cause I’m taking out the K8S ESC / motor for the K8s
Yeah that’s why I think mine has been junk from the start. I rather not even try to warranty it since they will charge me $125 for a new one. I rather take that cash and spend it on a good motor.

Yes it just runs slow. Doesn’t want to backflip that’s for sure. Bought at the end of March of this year. Compared to my Arrma rigs it feels weak even with stock electronics.
I wish I had more funds atm cause I would rip out this POS motor and get a good one. I know people like the traxxas motors but my short experience at least with the 8s motors is junk. I feel like it’s been underpowered the moment I bought it.

for reference. My outcast 6s is a wheelie machine, and I get that, but I barely have to tap the throttle and it wants to go. For me to even wheelie in the Xmaxx I have to pin the throttle to the max from a standstill. Wondering if new tires would make a huge difference.
You can also install a Max 6. With 20/50t gearing. Do you use the stock ESC? It sucks for punch. But I doubt it would help much.

You can also talk to Traxxas if you bought it brand new (the Xmaxx). I blew two motors. They gave me one and sold me one for half the price. It doesn't hurt to try. They might sell you one for half the price. They are easy to deal with.

Last edited:
You can also install a Max 6. With 20/50t gearing. Do you use the stock ESC? It sucks for punch. But I doubt it would help much.

You can also talk to Traxxas if you bought it brand new (the Xmaxx). I blew two motors. They gave me one and sold me one for half the price. It doesn't hurt to try. They might sell you one for half the price. They are easy to deal with.
I have a max5 currently with 20/50 gearing in it.

Xmaxx was purchased brand new from LHS. Being that the motor is not burned up and still probably considering working I doubt they will give me a free phone. Doesn’t hurt to ask though. Even if it’s 50% discounted it would not be worth it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back