SOLD / FOUND Xmaxx 8s motor / heat sink / fans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
Gonna try here first for a while before I put it on the bay . For sale from my Xmaxx that I bought new , maybe 15 battery packs thru it on an all stock truck . Clean , perfect condition , will link a vid of me the last time running it . Everything is on it , heat sink , fans , wiring , and mounts . $120 shipped anywhere in the US .
Pics…

Attachments

• EE0DA500-FCCC-4EFF-B58D-B10EA372D2E5.jpeg
    EE0DA500-FCCC-4EFF-B58D-B10EA372D2E5.jpeg
    304.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 86F61DF5-E9DD-446E-8CF3-95EBB0B6DD77.jpeg
    86F61DF5-E9DD-446E-8CF3-95EBB0B6DD77.jpeg
    329.7 KB · Views: 46
  • F7B3BD4D-0F0C-40E4-954A-D5782A8213EA.jpeg
    F7B3BD4D-0F0C-40E4-954A-D5782A8213EA.jpeg
    362.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 2EED9EA1-BA2C-4B6B-9DF6-428023A9D994.jpeg
    2EED9EA1-BA2C-4B6B-9DF6-428023A9D994.jpeg
    413.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 11EE062B-610B-49EA-B1A4-231FA5AE0160.jpeg
    11EE062B-610B-49EA-B1A4-231FA5AE0160.jpeg
    433.1 KB · Views: 56
Great deal, would be a ripper in any 6s arrma rig! I know, i know, sacrilegious... just sayin..

How can this fit in a 6s rig?

I'm intrigued since I have one of these I'm not using.
WFO makes an end cap for that motor that allows you to bolt it up to any 25 or 30mm mount. It's the same dimensions as a Castle 1717 and it really is a good running motor, works well with a max 6 or mmx8s..and even with the pricey end cap, you're still cheaper than the castle and you're getting a heatsink and fans that also work well

WFO makes an end cap for that motor that allows you to bolt it up to any 25 or 30mm mount. It's the same dimensions as a Castle 1717 and it really is a good running motor, works well with a max 6 or mmx8s..and even with the pricey end cap, you're still cheaper than the castle and you're getting a heatsink and fans that also work well
Interesting...

Thanks.

Man this makes me think I sold my 8s traxxas combo for far too little. Feelsbad :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Their ESC is less than to be desired , but their motors are pretty good !
I’d agree with this statement 100%! I’ve had a traxxas Maxx 4s motor running on 6s for quite awhile with no hiccups. They are very solid motors at least. The esc’s …. Ehhhhh

I swear my Xmaxx motor is crap compared to everyone else. Even with a max5 and silicone ear plugs in center diff it no way wheelies like that.
Im starting to think something is wrong with the motor.

You're sure the ESC is good ? The Traxxas ( stock ) ESC that was in my Xmaxx was starting to glitch hiccup when punched full throttle quickly , if you rolled into it it would run fine , but " chatter " real bad if floored quickly . I did not know if it was the motor or ESC , so being that I pulled the ESC / motor from my RTR K8S , I figured stick the ESC in first and see what happens .
Easy enough , and right away HUGE difference , my Xmaxx never ran like this !!!! This was with stock motor and gearing . Still pulled same top out MPH , just way more responsive !!! That's when I knew the motor was perfect . The truck did not have more than10- 15 battery packs through it , and I am one not to abuse my stuff , so I was surprised ( well not really !! ) that the ESC was going !!
If you think it's you're motor , I know mine is 100% , if you want it I'll do $100 shipped to you .

You're sure the ESC is good ? The Traxxas ( stock ) ESC that was in my Xmaxx was starting to glitch hiccup when punched full throttle quickly , if you rolled into it it would run fine , but " chatter " real bad if floored quickly . I did not know if it was the motor or ESC , so being that I pulled the ESC / motor from my RTR K8S , I figured stick the ESC in first and see what happens .
Easy enough , and right away HUGE difference , my Xmaxx never ran like this !!!! This was with stock motor and gearing . Still pulled same top out MPH , just way more responsive !!! That's when I knew the motor was perfect . The truck did not have more than10- 15 battery packs through it , and I am one not to abuse my stuff , so I was surprised ( well not really !! ) that the ESC was going !!
If you think it's you're motor , I know mine is 100% , if you want it I'll do $100 shipped to you .
I appreciate the offer but I think I am going to go with a HobbyWing 1100kv motor at some point.
I don’t think it’s my esc as I have tried 3 different ones in there. Stock / max6 and now a max5. I double checked all my soldering connections as well and they seem really good.

I appreciate the offer but I think I am going to go with a HobbyWing 1100kv motor at some point.
I don’t think it’s my esc as I have tried 3 different ones in there. Stock / max6 and now a max5. I double checked all my soldering connections as well and they seem really good.
If I may make a suggestion, take a look at the TP5840s motor, it weighs less than the Hobbywing, and it runs like a scalded dog! It's a 58mm finned can, buts it's only 84mm long and still fits nice in between the frame rails of the Xmaxx. I got the 1150kv y-wind version and run 30/54 gearing and it's insane

If I may make a suggestion, take a look at the TP5840s motor, it weighs less than the Hobbywing, and it runs like a scalded dog! It's a 58mm finned can, buts it's only 84mm long and still fits nice in between the frame rails of the Xmaxx. I got the 1150kv y-wind version and run 30/54 gearing and it's insane
I have a similar motor in my infraction and it kicks ass. I also have the tp 5660 5692mm in my xrt which works really well and doesn't have to be custom ordered like the 5840s.

I have a similar motor in my infraction and it kicks ass. I also have the tp 5660 5692mm in my xrt which works really well and doesn't have to be custom ordered like the 5840s.
Yeah, only problem is a 92mm can changes the whole layout in an Xmaxx, you have to move the esc at that point, which is fine if you're planning on doing that anyways, but an 87mm can is about the longest you can fit in an Xmaxx without changing/modifying too much..

Yeah, only problem is a 92mm can changes the whole layout in an Xmaxx, you have to move the esc at that point, which is fine if you're planning on doing that anyways, but an 87mm can is about the longest you can fit in an Xmaxx without changing/modifying too much..
Wow really? I didn't think the xmax was that different from the xrt. In the xrt you can fit even a 102mm long motor with a max 6 or mmx8sð and have the esc in stock location.

Wow really? I didn't think the xmax was that different from the xrt. In the xrt you can fit even a 102mm long motor with a max 6 or mmx8sð and have the esc in stock location.
Yes sir, Traxxas must have been paying attention finally to what people were doing with the Xmaxx.. I see there's a few other changes they made like making it much easier to get to the servo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back