Xmaxx questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's actually quite a useless comment. Of course you are free to speak your mind but i'd say keep it open.
There's a lot of other good stuff out there besides Arrma.
I would agree about many other brands. The TRX4 is where I stop with Traxass. And it was a freebie roller. Little left on it is Traxass anyway.. It surprised me in a positive way.. But it is not in the same league as an Axial. Just my spin.
It does seem like many K8/OC8 owners have X-Maxx's. It's an 8s thing and being the biggest that gets the attention. I believe.

It doesn't take much to make them bullet proof. don't go out and buy all the upgrades and hopups. They are not needed. I have 2 of them and they have never once let me down. I'm intrigued to know what you got out of your deal? And idea what if anything has been done to it? Do you know if it was a 6s or 8s version?
I installed the Max 5 and 1100kv motor, WFO ESC plate and receiver box, WFO motor mount, WFO mod 1.5 gears 25/35 gearing, WFO titanium driveshafts, aluminum differential cases from Traxxas (the ones meant for the center diff), aluminum differential covers with shims behind the output drives and shims between the diff and the cover on the ring gear side, DuraTrax lockup X 24mm belted tires, new 7737X front hubs with bigger inner bearings like the rear RPM hubs, rear rpm hubs, rpm hinge pins and a split center driveshaft with support in the middle, spectrum 3 channel reciever to use with my DX5C, dual game changer fans on motor, and the upgraded Xmaxx steering servo (the stock one went out). 56mph on dirt/grass, double backflips easily and triple backflips off my friend's huge ramp. Indestructible Russian body. I don't think that I went crazy with it 🤣. All I know is that it's a freaking BEAST and durable.

I installed the Max 5 and 1100kv motor, WFO ESC plate and receiver box, WFO motor mount, WFO mod 1.5 gears 25/35 gearing, WFO titanium driveshafts, aluminum differential cases from Traxxas (the ones meant for the center diff), aluminum differential covers with shims behind the output drives and shims between the diff and the cover on the ring gear side, DuraTrax lockup X 24mm belted tires, new 7737X front hubs with bigger inner bearings like the rear RPM hubs, rear rpm hubs, rpm hinge pins and a split center driveshaft with support in the middle, spectrum 3 channel reciever to use with my DX5C, dual game changer fans on motor, and the upgraded Xmaxx steering servo (the stock one went out). 56mph on dirt/grass, double backflips easily and triple backflips off my friend's huge ramp. Indestructible Russian body. I don't think that I went crazy with it 🤣. All I know is that it's a freaking BEAST and durable.
Whats the run time on the 1100kv?

Whats the run time on the 1100kv?
Somewhere between 15 and 20 minutes tops. It feels like an hour though due to the fun factor. This thing gets some serious air, even off my ramps that are not that big. Video uploading right now. That's with powerhobby 8000mah 120C graphene hardcase batteries. They are very small and light for 8000mah, so I'm a bit skeptical about that. They have been working well though with the QS8 connectors. No puffing. My batteries would puff with other smaller connectors like XT150 and XT90

Somewhere between 15 and 20 minutes tops. It feels like an hour though due to the fun factor. This thing gets some serious air, even off my ramps that are not that big. Video uploading right now
Cool. Thanks man.
I get about 35 to 40 min on 6200mah 20/35 gearing
Good deal I'll have to look into this one and see what I need to upgrade first.

I think that the heat has cut down my run times significantly here in South Texas. The humidity is ridiculously high too. So 96 feels like 106.
That gearing pulls ridiculous amps as well. That is the max gearing you can run without major issues. 20/35 is the best bang vs time trade off. It definitely I a bit slower and double back flips are harder but it runs for days and driveline last a lot longer. I ran that gearing before and esc would overheat often and drive cups and gears got eaten up faster. I have about 40 packs on this one in particular and haven't had to do anything other then a couple hub bearings. Xmaxx a beast even in stock form. I have max5/5687 1100kv, wfo mount and gears, rpm rear hub, rpm retainers. It won't die. I have tried to kill it lol.

Had Louise / Duratrax Cyclones on the XMaxx. Great for flips but too heavy for the rear differential. Kept breaking them. Went back to the original tires. Now I also don't have the problem of front flips when braking anymore. Also handles nicer when cornering.

Broke a couple of pinions and spurs in the beginning. This one - stock gearing - not breaking for reasons unknown.

Mostly wishbones breaking when jumps go wrong.

Racing in snow with 4 paddle tires - 5 minutes the 8s 5000mAh were empty. First thought the ESC had overheated. Was fun though.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back