Xmaxx questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But...But.... REVO & HOSS & MAXX oh my!
I would only own the trx4 sport, Maxx 4s and Xmaxx. That's what I have ?. No more Traxxas for me personally.
I had an 8s Xmaxx and it was run with different setups.
Max5 and Leopard 5882 (1360kv)
XLX and TP 5670

It ran pretty well on the Leopard and Max5 setup, I damaged the front diff using the XLX and TP setup.
I tried the upgrade spiral diffs and they held up. I think for that RC the stock wheels are tires are best. The proline upgraded tires/wheels were too heavy. I also ran the MaxMax 1/5 wheels/tires on it. They were a little more narrow and less cushion.
I hear that the diffs on the xmaxx 8s don't do well with all that extra power. ?

I hear that the diffs on the xmaxx 8s don't do well with all that extra power. ?

Yep and to be honest it was fine stock, and lighter. The last thing you want to do to a big RC car is add more weight :ROFLMAO:

yeah no looking for ridiculous power or anything, just a big durable truck. I’d get the k8 or o8 but wouldn’t want to upgrade Shock shafts and the chassis right away since it’s already a pretty expensive truck. Now I gotta decide between the new losi sbr 2.0 and the xmaxx.

yeah no looking for ridiculous power or anything, just a big durable truck. I’d get the k8 or o8 but wouldn’t want to upgrade Shock shafts and the chassis right away since it’s already a pretty expensive truck. Now I gotta decide between the new losi sbr 2.0 and the xmaxx.
Losi is proven durable stuff but can be harder to get parts and also might be more pricey. I have not looked at their 1/5 scale parts costs.

The SBR is the direct competitor to the UDR. The X is bigger than both - and more fun (if you have the room). I have the UDR - and it is fun .. but the X is a badas$.

I have a losi dbxle 2.0 too. I vote Xmaxx.

I've had great luck with the shock shafts on the K8S. As far as the chassis goes, the V1.5 added extra bracing. If you had carbon fiber tubing to the round chassis braces you will be fine unless you send it a country mile. I don't own the OC8S so I can't comment there.
Dang why is that? That new sbr 2.0 is a piece of art, the shocks are super cool looking too. Anyways, how come x maxx over the dbxle 2.0?
Same reason someone would want an Outcast over a Typhon.

Dang why is that? That new sbr 2.0 is a piece of art, the shocks are super cool looking too. Anyways, how come x maxx over the dbxle 2.0?
It’s faster. Handles better For bashing Xmaxx hands down.

For racing on a track. I’d pick the losi dbxle 2.0. It’s more fun on a track.

Did you mean DBXLE 2.0 instead of SBR 2.0?

I have a losi dbxle 2.0 too. I vote Xmaxx.
He said SBR .. not exactly the same thing. I agree though - for bashing, the X.

Last edited:
It’s faster. Handles better For bashing Xmaxx hands down.

For racing on a track. I’d pick the losi dbxle 2.0. It’s more fun on a track.
Isn't it like comparing apples and oranges? The dblxe is a true 1/5 scale. The XMaxx is not (same with the Arrma 8S trucks). The dblxe is a buggy. The XMaxx is a HCG monster truck. Hard to make a direct comparison, no?

Isn't it like comparing apples and oranges? The dblxe is a true 1/5 scale. The XMaxx is not (same with the Arrma 8S trucks). The dblxe is a buggy. The XMaxx is a HCG monster truck. Hard to make a direct comparison, no?
Agreed .. but bash wise, the X kills it (and most parts are available almost everywhere).

Agreed .. but bash wise, the X kills it.
I guess it depends on what type of bashing ? For the stuff I do (ramp jumps at my house) I would imagine the XMaxx is way better. Skatepark, same thing. Wide open dirt flats or actual desert dunes, DBLXE all the way. Giant track for for 1/5 scale, same thing.

I guess it depends on what type of bashing ? For the stuff I do (ramp jumps at my house) I would imagine the XMaxx is way better. Skatepark, same thing. Wide open dirt flats or actual desert dunes, DBLXE all the way. Giant track for for 1/5 scale, same thing.
Completely agree. :D

I think the DBXLE is more than capable of flying - but I think the X is much better in that arena.

71eZn4-gAIL._AC_SX679_.jpg

VS

Losi-16-Super-Baja-Rey-2.0-4WD-Brushless-Desert-Truck-RTR-1-640x300.jpg

losi-desert-buggy-dbxl-e-20-4wd-smart-rtr-los05020.jpg

They have wheels, shock absorbers, a-arms, but out of that :unsure:

A monster truck isn't a baja truck or a desert buggy.

I don't .. and I was. :) Based on the size of your playpen, you have plenty of room for it.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

View attachment 101413
I see them in person all the time at my LHS. Such a great looking truck and it looks like a tank! Could be my next purchase. F@ck you very much for that! ???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back