Xmaxx questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a great thread , I'll chime in as I own all 3 , Xmaxx 8s ( 3years old now ) , DBXL-E ( 1.0 , 1 year old ) , K8S ( last Dec ) . So far , the one I use the most is the K8S . For where I bash , a closed down golf course with all those nice rolling hills ( grass ) makes for a good playground for the big rigs . The same spot in my vids that I have done jumping , the K8S flies the highest and farthest . Now with the 23t pin in is the fastest to , but I can see when it hits the takeoff part of the hill ( jump ) the suspension " springs " the truck into the air . The truck just sounds so awesome , flies and lands so gracefully . I bring the truck home every time in a single piece , not broken , very happy I have it !!!
Xmaxx , while very fun , it as it is , drives monster truck like , never broke it yet other than a bearing . All 3 , this one last the longest at about 40-45 minutes !!! Can't stand when you crash and the body pops off !!! LOL
DBXL-E , faster than the Xmaxx now , hair slower than the K8S . Flies thru the air like a plane , handles the best , easiest to control , hate hearing the slamming of the ground when it hits !!! LOL Doesn't go as far or high as the K8S . Also , the least lasting of the 3 , only get about 18-20 min run time out of it . Think I've only run it like 5-6 times .

Do the xmaxx diffs need shimming?
Not that I'm aware of , mine is as it came out of the box , other than redoing the shock fluid .
Mine's 95% completely stock - replaced the servo with the 'x' version, bt capability and added lights. New tires the other day (had a blowout).

Last edited:
I’ve made up my mind and will try out the x maxx after hearing only good things about it and it’s durability. Just looks like a massive beef cake. I want a pretty big truck so it should fit my wants perfectly.
Check out my comparison video of the two. The video sucks, but what I talked about is what's important ?:

Just figured out today that my neighbors kid has an x maxx so he let me drive it. It was in training mode but wow I was shocked but the beefiness of this rig! It’s huge! Handles like a true monster truck.
I'll say this much , and maybe it's my opinion , the Xmaxx IS the best RC TRX made period !!!

My opinion is the XMAXX is the only vehicle traxxas that has that could compete with any 6-8s vehicles that Arrma has !!! ARRMA RULES !!!
One of the greatest things they ever did was ditching the xmaxx 6s and upgrading to the xmaxx 8s... transformed the truck completely.

I'll say this much , and maybe it's my opinion , the Xmaxx IS the best RC TRX made period !!!
Oh hands down, at least out of the basher Trx vehicles. I was really studying the design of the truck when I could check it out earlier and they must have hired some really good engineers or something because the design is pretty damn genius.
My opinion is the XMAXX is the only vehicle traxxas that has that could compete with any 6-8s vehicles that Arrma has !!! ARRMA RULES !!!
I can agree. I’ve only broken a shock rod end and a screw out of 6 months of abusing my talion.
One of the greatest things they ever did was ditching the xmaxx 6s and upgrading to the xmaxx 8s... transformed the truck completely.
With a truck that big and heavy I would’ve never bought it in 6s?
Yeah but the 6s owners got screwed over. Oh well.
Must have been a kick to the balls when to the xmaxx 6s owners when they came out with the 8s.

You mean like when Arrma released the Infraction V2 a year or so after releasing V1? or the other versions of recently revised vehicles? ;)
At least the V1 of those vehicles the diffs didn't explode, the ESC didn't catch on fire, the shocks didn't break easily and other things that the 8s xmaxx is better at. So it was worse for the xmaxx 6s owners. That's what I've been able to figure out. I never owned a 6s Xmaxx.

At least the V1 of those vehicles the diffs didn't explode, the ESC didn't catch on fire, the shocks didn't break easily and other things that the 8s xmaxx is better at. So it was worse for the xmaxx 6s owners. That's what I've been able to figure out. I never owned a 6s Xmaxx.
Yup no brand ever made an esc that was as fire prone as the vxl 6s version 1.

When I buy the xmaxx I’m going to get these batteries unless someone recommends a different one that’s not super expensive: https://www.amazon.com/HOOVO-Connector-Airplane-Helicopter-Quadcopter/dp/B07PDPGFQY

What Charger should I get as well? Again, nothing to expensive and would like to order from amazon if possible. My current charger only charges 3s lipos at the max
Man I hate to say and admit this because I've had crap luck with TRX batteries , brand new 2s and 3s TRX batteries took a crap very fast and TRX would not honor/warranty them , but the TRX 4s (2) kit with charger for the Xmaxx 6700 mah are now 3 years old , and are still perfect , not even a hint of puffing ! Just like the truck , they got those batteries right !!! Think the kit is arounf $299 ? NTM , on these batteries , the truck has never broken , and as I have said , holy crap run time 40-45 ,minutes !

Man I hate to say and admit this because I've had crap luck with TRX batteries , brand new 2s and 3s TRX batteries took a crap very fast and TRX would not honor/warranty them , but the TRX 4s (2) kit with charger for the Xmaxx 6700 mah are now 3 years old , and are still perfect , not even a hint of puffing ! Just like the truck , they got those batteries right !!! Think the kit is arounf $299 ? NTM , on these batteries , the truck has never broken , and as I have said , holy crap run time 40-45 ,minutes !
It does sound good but that’s pretty damn expensive. I’m trying to look at something a little cheaper but if that’s a good bang for the buck then I might have to.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back