Xmaxx teardown / repair !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems like a lot of people use max 6's in the xmax and now XRT but that just seems crazy to me. My max 6 thermal'd so much in my felony I took it out. I know I gear a little aggressively but damn lol. It's hard for me to believe people can bash a full pack on an xmaxx/xrt with a max 6 and not thermal.

Maybe it's better than I give it credit for. I know a big part of it is definitely what motor you have powered with it too. The Traxxas XRT can't even backflip majority of the time with stock esc though.
I could be wrong , but is it being said the Spektrum Firma 160a is a rebranded HW Max6 ? With the Firma 160a in my Xmaxx either with the stock motor or the Spektrum 1250kv it never thermal'd .

I could be wrong , but is it being said the Spektrum Firma 160a is a rebranded HW Max6 ? With the Firma 160a in my Xmaxx either with the stock motor or the Spektrum 1250kv it never thermal'd .
Yep, same esc different firmware.

Not sure the validity on this as I just run stock power but I think the Max5 might be a bit much? Sounds like the Max6 is perfect for these rigs. If I swap out my VXL8s I will go Max6 with the stock motor.

Duperbash broke his stock Xmaxx's quite a bit when adding mega power.

All about perspective but I think stock power is fine for a truck this size :LOL:

An ESC will only deliver the amps the motor draws, so not sure why the 5 is too much? Unless you mean size wise then yeah it is more awkward to fit. I settled on the 1100kv rather than the 800kv as most seem to think the 800kv is overpowered.

We will see. The X maxx felt insane to me after 15 years out of the hobby. Then I bought a used Outcast 6s and the Xmaxx suddenly felt like a toy.

Funny you mention Rich, I copied his exact set up when ordering the bits:

An ESC will only deliver the amps the motor draws, so not sure why the 5 is too much? Unless you mean size wise then yeah it is more awkward to fit. I settled on the 1100kv rather than the 800kv as most seem to think the 800kv is overpowered.

We will see. The X maxx felt insane to me after 15 years out of the hobby. Then I bought a used Outcast 6s and the Xmaxx suddenly felt like a toy.

Funny you mention Rich, I copied his exact set up when ordering the bits:

Haha if you are a hard basher he is the guy to follow!!

Folks typically pair up a stronger motor with the Max5 but you bring up a good point.

If you do go Max5 and 800Kv, the added weight and power seems like a bad recipe on the stock drivetrain.

I have read posts saying the Max6 makes the X-Maxx more lively even with the stock motor. Not sure if that's because the VXL8s doesn't drive the motor to its full potential or maybe punch settings? I would think they would be similar.

This is another thing I'd do with the Xmaxx that I won't do with the K8S . I run a chassis net when I do this ( well, after this time out ) Run time is down because of the cold though . This is with the Firma 160 / 1250 . Go to 1 minute in .....

This is another thing I'd do with the Xmaxx that I won't do with the K8S . I run a chassis net when I do this ( well, after this time out ) Run time is down because of the cold though . This is with the Firma 160 / 1250 . Go to 1 minute in .....

Is this with the spektrum setup?

Is this with the spektrum setup?
Yes , but now the truck is back to the stock motor and HW Max6 . Lol , haven’t driven it yet!
Ready to go !!

Attachments

• 5CE47CBF-8F96-455E-93CC-F2A39D858469.jpeg
    5CE47CBF-8F96-455E-93CC-F2A39D858469.jpeg
    402.4 KB · Views: 47
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back