Typhon XO-1 High Speed Tire Test on Arrma TYphon on 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
63 MPH is pretty cool man. Love how you have your camera mounted and even taped down to keep it in place. haha
Thanks it arrived in yesterdays post and I had no double sided tape! Best I could do at the time, the go pro that normally mounts to it was on my head! I had the same camera before but it did not survive a 50+ mph blow over whilst on my RC catamaran! Awesome nero drift video coming out at the weekend

do the X01 wheels and tires bolt right on to the stock Typhon?

I guess i should have tried it before I sold my X01

You need the traxxas X-O1 replacement hex kit. Then you need to drill out the hexes so they fit the arrma axle. Then you need to shave some material off the insides of the wheels so you have clearance for the ball joints. But it works! My recommendation: get a set of GRP Wheels, with either S5 or S7 slicks. The traxxas tires are nicer, but the GRP wheels are lighter, bolt right on - and require no modification. Its the way to go!

You need the traxxas X-O1 replacement hex kit. Then you need to drill out the hexes so they fit the arrma axle. Then you need to shave some material off the insides of the wheels so you have clearance for the ball joints. But it works! My recommendation: get a set of GRP Wheels, with either S5 or S7 slicks. The traxxas tires are nicer, but the GRP wheels are lighter, bolt right on - and require no modification. Its the way to go!
Perfect, thanks!

I had a different approach for x-O1. Didn't change any hex but i did shaved off a few mm from the plastic rims and then put a shim or washer (16mmx20mmx1mm) since x-O1 tires are deeper. Certain plastic spring collar(?), like HPI's, would work as well.

GRP are great but they're just too small for typhon, it collides with the top of the rear hub. Sweepracing 8th GT, i think, is the sweet spot. It's the middle ground IMHO. But. I think it cannot withstand high speed runs compared to GRP or x-O1...again, it's just my opinion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back