Xt90 adapters to traxxas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone using adapters for there lipos.?
I used to run adapters for XT90 to traxxas, and then I ended up switching everything over to XT90 for better current flow and, I personally like the connector better and I think it's easier to solder, but then I switched everything over to XT150 as my current demands grew again.

I also used to run Traxxas connectors and have converted to XT90s. Much easier to solder.

Thanks for the input guys mine comes tomorrow. Sounds like I should use the xt90. Sucks because I wanted to use same 6s I use for my xmaxx

Thanks for the input guys mine comes tomorrow. Sounds like I should use the xt90. Sucks because I wanted to use same 6s I use for my xmaxx
You can always change the xmaxx and the battery over to xt90 if you want to go with xt90 connectors.

Ya that's a lot of work I have 2 Xmaxx's and 8 6s batteries. Will the adapters ruin the truck or batteries

Ya that's a lot of work I have 2 Xmaxx's and 8 6s batteries. Will the adapters ruin the truck or batteries
Trust me I hear you. A couple of weeks ago I switched over 25 batteries and 7 cars to XT150 from XT90. I wouldn't think that adapters will ruin the truck or the batteries. I believe that traxxas uses those connectors on the new 8s xmaxx trucks so I would assume they have faith in those connectors handling high current loads. I myself just prefer to have all of my connectors changed to my highest needs, which is 150+ amps at 8s thus why I made the switch.

I have just recently got back into the RC scene after several years. I Have a used Brushless E-Revo I recently purchased and a Traxxas unlimited desert racer. I am using Traxxas Id equipped Ez peak dual chargers with 2 Traxxas 3-cell 25C 5000MAH Auto Id Lipos in each vehicle. I Have a Aarma outcast on order. Can I use this same setup are am I going to have to change my batteries and charger. Any help would be greatly appreciated .

I have just recently got back into the RC scene after several years. I Have a used Brushless E-Revo I recently purchased and a Traxxas unlimited desert racer. I am using Traxxas Id equipped Ez peak dual chargers with 2 Traxxas 3-cell 25C 5000MAH Auto Id Lipos in each vehicle. I Have a Aarma outcast on order. Can I use this same setup are am I going to have to change my batteries and charger. Any help would be greatly appreciated .
If you'd like to keep all your connectors the same all you'd have to do is solder on Traxxas connectors in place of the XT90s that come on the Outcast ESC, the only problem I foresee is that the 25C rating of those batteries may not jive well with the Outcast's electronics. Arrma recommends a minimum 35C discharge for the BLX 185 ESCs.

This is so freaky! I run Floureon batteries in my Outcast and use Deans to XT90 wireless adaptors. As the outcast stays mainly on 4S (2x2S) these days, its not a problem.

I run my E-Revo 2.0 on Floureon as well, all be it 6S (2x3S) and use Deans to Traxxas wireless adaptors. I brought an XMAXX at the weekend and used the 6S batteries with the same adaptor. The X Maxx motor and ESC stay cool, as do the batteries, but the connector and wires got ridiculously hot. Now i know why, so thanks for that.

Would wired adaptors cause less heat buildup? I don't solder and like to keep standard, but don't fancy a fire ;-)

For adaptors, you need them to be properly soldered. Those wireless adaptors use solder to bridge the gap between the thermals, and this is not good. Solder actually has somewhat high resistance - you want to use as little as possible to get the job done. And bridging with solder is asking for trouble - as you are seeing with the heating connectors.

Adding a inch of wire allows you to make a proper connection on both plugs, and have an overall lower resistance adaptor.

You would be better of just changing the connectors you don't like vs using adapters. I use adapters on my charger because it maxes out at 10A, but on the truck, it can pull way more current than that. Any adapter is a choke point to some extent. The less solder joints you have between the packs and the esc the better off you are.

I brought some wired adaptors at the weekend and have no temperature problems now.

I will be swapping the battery connections over to remove adaptors on two of the batteries. Glad to have this all confirmed though and thank you.

anyone using adapters for there lipos.?

I use XT90 to TRX connectors, haven't had any problem with either 2S or 3S.

IMG_2720_resize.JPG

I wouldn't even waste my time with adapters, just adding more into the mix that is completely un-necessary.

I agree, however sometimes it is a necessity, i.e when you don't want to cut wires and solder another connector onto to a battery or esc, which will void the warranty. The XT90S is a real nice connector and I wish I had them on all my models

I agree, however sometimes it is a necessity, i.e when you don't want to cut wires and solder another connector onto to a battery or esc, which will void the warranty. The XT90S is a real nice connector and I wish I had them on all my models
Never have I heard any RC manufacture or ESC or battery manufacture claim changing the connectors will void your warranty - can you please share with me which company states that?

Traxxas, of course.

I don't know if they publish that, but I have read plenty of accounts of Traxxas denying warrantee based on swapping the ESC plugs.

Seems like there were a few cases of Arrma doing the same, back in the BLX180 fireball days too.

Traxxas, of course.
Of course. Then again their warranty is only for 30 days, after that if something goes wrong you gotta pay to replace. If I had to replace traxxas ESC or battery I wouldn't be picking them again and instead run something better... which is probably why my 4x4 Stampede has a Castle Creations ESC. ;)

To each their own. I am just not a fan of adapters.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back