Xt90 adapters to traxxas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not a fan either, but when I get a new ESC with a Deans (or something I don't use) I will solder up an adaptor for the first half dozen runs, just to make sure it won't smoke right away. Long term, though, yeah, no adaptors. Temporary fix only.

Never have I heard any RC manufacture or ESC or battery manufacture claim changing the connectors will void your warranty - can you please share with me which company states that?

It was my local hobby shop about a year ago when I bought a Kraton V2, I only had several Traxxas Lipo's with TRX-ID connectors at the time.
Asked them if I could swap the XT90 on the ESC to a TRX, they said no, that will void the warranty, as per instruction from their distributor.
They sold me the adapters. Since then I have bought more Lipo's with XT90's but now and then I still use the adapters and as said I haven't had any problems.

Will EC5 plugs, like the ones on Spektrum smart batteries, work with these Xt 90 adaptors for a Xmxx? I want to purchase a new Xmaxx to add to my collection, but I don't want to buy new battery packs. I would like to use adaptors to the Traxxas ID connection, so I can continue to use the batteries for my Mojave.

Will EC5 plugs, like the ones on Spektrum smart batteries, work with these Xt 90 adaptors for a Xmxx? I want to purchase a new Xmaxx to add to my collection, but I don't want to buy new battery packs. I would like to use adaptors to the Traxxas ID connection, so I can continue to use the batteries for my Mojave.

If I understand it correctly, you wanna use Spektrum Smart IC5 batteries in a stock X-Maxx ? a EC-5 male to Trx Female would work.

Attachments

• trxfem-ec5man_medium.jpg
    trxfem-ec5man_medium.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 38
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back