Limitless XT90/Deans Adapters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmak

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Senton 6s
  7. Talion
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Typhon 3s
Anyone know if using adapters will affect power delivery? I ordered a Max8 with deans plug for my Limitless but my 6S lipo's are XT90. Would using an adapter reduce the performance? I'm just being lazy and trying not to solder any new connections if I don't have to.

Plenty of reports of deans plugs melting or causing significant issues, this is one item you don't want to be lazy about.Change to XT90 or other equivalent to your liking but dump the deans.

Good to know. I'll solder in the XT90 then. Why would Hobbywing make the Max8 with deans knowing that the power delivery is not as effective as say XT90 or EC5?

Why the max8 and not the max6?
Pretty new to this. So baby steps. Hahaha. Not looking to do many high speed runs so mostly for parking lot cruising for now. If the BLX185 from my Typhon is better I might do a transplant. But from what I hear they're about the same?

Pretty new to this. So baby steps. Hahaha. Not looking to do many high speed runs so mostly for parking lot cruising for now. If the BLX185 from my Typhon is better I might do a transplant. But from what I hear they're about the same?
The blx is a hobbywing. Lol

The blx is a hobbywing. Lol
Hahaha. So I've been told. Except the hobbying ESC is more programmable but not sure what more I need at this point.

Good to know. I'll solder in the XT90 then. Why would Hobbywing make the Max8 with deans knowing that the power delivery is not as effective as say XT90 or EC5?
It is a way for them to keep the cost down "Deans" are cheap as hell you can get 20 of them for like $5, you can also find it with Traxxas connectors. I would much rather they just not include any as most everyone takes them off anyway.

The XT90s I have are a pleasure to work with. They have curved buckets perfect for putting a well of solder. Verses for the deans connector you had to make a mountain.

The XT90s I have are a pleasure to work with. They have curved buckets perfect for putting a well of solder. Verses for the deans connector you had to make a mountain.
Nothing like trying solder a round wire to a flat tab......

As said Deans connectors will cause issues with high heat and power setups, solder on some XT90 or better yet the Castle 6.5mm polarized connectors. The best connectors of all in my opinion are the OSE antispark 8mm connectors, I use these and love them. The pic shows an OSE 8mm, Castle 6.5mm, and XT90.. Note the difference in the bullet size, makes a big difference

Attachments

• D057B859-C6C6-4CC3-AAC8-56B279CFCB31.png
    D057B859-C6C6-4CC3-AAC8-56B279CFCB31.png
    1 MB · Views: 75
I’d ask the same question to plenty of battery companies sending out 6S 100c packs with deans plugs lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back