XT90 difficult to disconnect

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L3 RC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
This seems like a really dumb question to me but am I the only one who finds disconnecting the XT90 connectors to be a major pain in the ash?

Does anyone grease them with some di'eletric grease or have some other solution for a disconnect that requires much less effort?

Funny, that is one of the reasons I went with XT90's - they are easy to unplug.

On my 1/10 cars, I have a mix of XT60 and EC3. You want to talk about a PITA, those EC3 really don't want to come apart. When I got my Arrma rigs, I had the XT60 and EC3's on my 1/10, and my V1 Arrma's came with Deans. XT60 were the easiest to use, and most reliable. So I went with XT90, and have loved them. Everything I like about the XT60, but with more current carrying capacity.

Maybe I just need clean as suggested and possible sand the female side down just a touch. I literally have squeeze and wiggle to get them apart

Maybe I just need clean as suggested and possible sand the female side down just a touch. I literally have squeeze and wiggle to get them apart
Are you using the Arrma xt90s? I picked up some random xt90s off eBay and they are a giant pain to remove, I almost broke my hand on my rear shock tower trying to unplug my batteries had a big ol welt and it got kinda swollen. But if you plug the ebay connectors into each other they fit like a glove.

^ I think that is the issue. Mine aren't from eBay but from my LHS and I think that's the issue! That's why I'm gonna get em sanded down a bit and hope that helps

^ I think that is the issue. Mine aren't from eBay but from my LHS and I think that's the issue! That's why I'm gonna get em sanded down a bit and hope that helps
That is weird.

I get my XT90's from Hobbyking - they fit the "Amass" plugs that Arrma uses like they were out of the same mold. Perfect fit - stuck enough I don't worry about them unplugging, but come apart with no fuss.

This seems like a really dumb question to me but am I the only one who finds disconnecting the XT90 connectors to be a major pain in the ash?

Does anyone grease them with some di'eletric grease or have some other solution for a disconnect that requires much less effort?
I have the same problem. I've found that if I plug them in all the way, and hit them with a little heat, it seems to do the trick. I use a mini heat gun. Once I have heated them up a little, I plug and unplug a few times. They still fit snuggly. But I can still unplug them with ease.
Hope this helps.

If the male ends have a “cross” on them, meaning they are split, you can pinch those together a bit to make the connection looser. Works for me

So in my personal experience I have found that no name Chinese XT60/90 off brand connectors have a very slight dimension difference than my Amass branded connectors. I 3D print connector caps for my lipos and all the ones that I sized to fit snug on my Amass connectors are too tight on the off brand connectors and all my off brand connectors that are snug fall right off my Amass brand connectors. So in my experience the off brand connectors have a tiny bit bigger plug and when I use them on my ESCs (all Amass connectors on escs) it is a very tight fit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back