XT90 make to EC5 female ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddywatson

T3ddy B4gW3LL
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
If I used this for my battery for speed runs as my battery has EC5 connectors and the battery I want only has XT90 connectors… will using this decrease the battery power?

F8090024-4C7A-4744-BABC-FCD32959B8D7.jpeg

Adapters will decrease performance because they increase resistance. Will you notice it, maby not.

In my opinion soldering is always better than a plug connection. The male and female jack can wear out which the solder joint cannot.
And as said above the more plug connections you have the higher the resistance will be.

Specwise rating:
EC5 5mm pin 120A cont -150A burst
XT90 4.5mm pin 100A cont - anything as long as it remains below 80celcius
Converter adds some resistance, but neglectable for temporary solutions.

If you purely use it for speed running with your firma 150A esc, you won't notice the difference in performance.
Given you intend to use these connectors you're not aiming for 120+mph as at those speeds solder will melt if you don't use 6.5/8mm pinned connectors

As previously stated.. Xt90's are only good for 100a!! If your speed bashing anything 3s and above.. Which most everyone is, your burst amperage is well beyond that rated connector!!
= 🔥🔥

I agree.. Wondering if tje lipos he has have balance leads?
Assumptions.
Mine is that he has his typhon all nicely setup with EC5, but has some fat speedrun batteries on XT90's at hand from some other application. On the rare occasion he wants to do a quick speedrun he'd like to use those beefier batteries with a converter cable. On that premise, it's a valid question to ask if it will hurt performance.

OP says "the battery that I want", implying that he hasn't bought it yet. If he already has it, then using the adapter makes more sense. My comment about just buying a battery with EC5 already is assuming that he has yet to purchase the battery.

If I used this for my battery for speed runs as my battery has EC5 connectors and the battery I want only has XT90 connectors… will using this decrease the battery power?

View attachment 165588
Not a great idea at all. From a performance standpoint and more importantly from a fire liability standpoint. Never use adapters at the ESC for running. For charging is fine. Some guys do this. But most will not. Its just the fundamental rules of electricity that dictates :cool: .

Back