XT90 on Kraton 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-Dude

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Are the XT90 on the Kraton 8s enough for the typical Ampere it draws?

Just wondering. Got XT90 on the XMaxx but I think the Kraton 8s will draw more AMPs.
Installing a MAX5 Combo with 1100KV in the Kraton 8s EXB.
Don't really want to change to 8mm, resolder Lipos and charging cables etc.

Last edited:
K8S is 30 + pounds and will probably draw much more in amps over the XMax. IDK for sure. But makes sense. XMax is lighter for sure.
I would recommend QS8's over XT90's. I like my XT90's for all my 6s rigs, but if I ran 8s gear... would go with QS8's or at least 8 gage compatible bullets or connectors.

Are the XT90 on the Kraton 8s enough for the typical Ampere it draws?

Just wondering. Got XT90 on the XMaxx but I think the Kraton 8s will draw more AMPs.
Installing a MAX5 Combo with 1100KV in the Kraton 8s EXB.
Don't really want to change to 8mm, resolder Lipos and charging cables etc.
The rtr stuff is fine. But why change them to an xt90 when the ic5 connectors can handle that no problem. You change the motor combo just change to qs8.
The rtr stuff is fine. But why change them to an xt90 when the ic5 connectors can handle that no problem. You change the motor combo just change to qs8.
I have melted ic5 connectors together from different motor and esc combos.

I always felt XT90's, although having smaller bullets than EC5/IC5's, XT's have better heat resistant plastic.
The EC5's I messed with have much softer plastic. May melt easier with higher amp draw setups. IMHO. The EC jackets are much more flexible in the hand as opposed to XT's.
When you solder EC's, they are not attached to the Plastic jackets for this reason. IMO. The EC bullets are inserted into the jackets after the bullet soldering is complete. To avoid melting the EC jackets. How I see it.
Having swapped out EC's for my XT90's, I noticed the EC jackets do melt easy when de-soldering.(w/Jackets attached)
The EC bullets are slightly larger diameter, just that the jackets themselves seem to be less heat resistant.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back