XT90 Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I know the XT90 is just a standard connector with two pins that you have to solder wires to and then cover with heat shrink tube, XT90-H is the version of the same connector with a provision on the end to hold a plastic wire cap that replaces the function of the heat shrink tube, and XT90-S has a different pin design that supposedly reduces sparking when connecting and disconnecting. XT90 and XT90-H should be compatible, don't think XT90-S is with either of the others.

I'm late to answer however I can assure you every one of those connectors are compatible with eachother.
An XT90S connector is an anti-spark connector and it basically has a two stage connection, your male connector will contact the first stage which is connected to a resistor to slowly feed power to the capacitors in your ESC, thereby negating the sudden inrush current that causes nasty pops and arcs which over time dirties your connectors. As you continue to insert the male connector, it will reach the second stage which is just like a normal connector.

Personally I would recommend running an antispark just because the constant arcing over time will eventually have caused irreparable damage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back