XT90 vs QS8-s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deiglie

Reaction score
I know nothing about this.

Will I get anything out of switching from xt90 to qs8-s connectors? I'm running Max6 1650kv combo, 6s battery 5000mah 100C..

Thanks

You’ll be going from 4.5mm to 8mm.... I really like them, just like an oversized xt90!

I know nothing about this.

Will I get anything out of switching from xt90 to qs8-s connectors? I'm running Max6 1650kv combo, 6s battery 5000mah 100C..

Thanks
Do your XT90 connectors currently get hot? If not then you probably won't notice a difference.

XT-90 are rated for 100 amp duty ,designed to handle 100 Amps continuously without exceeding 80°C. 2. The XT90-S has spark suppression. qs8 antispark is rated at 130amps.
Running the blx100, using an ec5 to deans adapter. I read that deans only handles 60A, while the hobby store was saying he runs 6s on deans... I bought some AS150's but haven't soldered anything on yet. I haven't melted anything yet with the ec5-deans adapter but my buddy has. Same setup but he put in the silicone graphene 120c protek li-hv and it melted the deans a bit one time. So I did some research and looks like the amass anti spark 150 seems like the way to go.

It all comes down to 'continuously'. In my experience with speedruns, XT-90(S) can deal with 300-400A for a few seconds no problem.

Deans will desolder themselves with a few ~200A bursts. Yet in extreme conditions, like driving high grass or thick mud for minutes on a big pinion drawing nearly continuous 90A all solder will end up on you chassis. Under normal circumstances continuous amp draw isn't that high and it's acceptable to run midsized 6S hardware on deans. They wear out quickly due to spanking though.

The The XT90-S spark suppression will be fine for you, but if you are just starting out and looking for a great connector, grab the QS8--spark arrestor as well!!! But really either one will do what you want!!

XT-90 are rated for 100 amp duty ,designed to handle 100 Amps continuously without exceeding 80°C. 2. The XT90-S has spark suppression. qs8 antispark is rated at 130amps.
Running the blx100, using an ec5 to deans adapter. I read that deans only handles 60A, while the hobby store was saying he runs 6s on deans... I bought some AS150's but haven't soldered anything on yet. I haven't melted anything yet with the ec5-deans adapter but my buddy has. Same setup but he put in the silicone graphene 120c protek li-hv and it melted the deans a bit one time. So I did some research and looks like the amass anti spark 150 seems like the way to go.
I'm afraid you're very wrong. XT90 is rated only for 45A continuous and 90A instantaneous (peak). That how official datasheet from AMASS saying. Any different value stated by various sellers, re-sellers, sutes or whoever else - forget it. It's not valid.
Oh... XT90 connector MAY withstand even 500A in fraction of second (as it is used often in some spot welders, but that's outside of manufacturer specs and therefore no warranty, no guarantee, using it on your own risk.
Attached official datasheet from AMASS about XT90:
IMG_20220713_102341.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back