Notorious Xt99 connectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Outcast 6s
I’ve ordered xt90 connectors but been sent 10 male and 1 female instead of the other way around . Now before I go solder them on is there any reason as to why the female connector can’t go on the esc and male one lipo? Due to the style of the xt90 there’s not any greater risk of shorting them . Anything I’m overlooking ?

I’ve ordered xt90 connectors but been sent 10 male and 1 female instead of the other way around . Now before I go solder them on is there any reason as to why the female connector can’t go on the esc and male one lipo? Due to the style of the xt90 there’s not any greater risk of shorting them . Anything I’m overlooking ?
The only reason I can think of is if you ever buy lipos with XT90 connectors already on them, they will have the opposite of what you need.

I’ll have spare connectors so I’ll just replace them . But that aside there shouldn’t be any other problems right ?
Thats the only issue that I can think of. Maybe some others that use XT90 connectors will have something else. I haven't used XT90 in years since I switched to XT150 connectors but I don't think there would be any other issues.

There's a bigger risk that something will short the male pins (a stray body clip etc) but otherwise there's no difference which way you put them.

You'll also need a backwards charging cable.

It’s what he got so he’s trying not to have to reorder them
The reason I asked is because he was going to put the one and only female end on the esc and then he said he would change the charge lead as well. If he used the one female on the esc he will have to order more anyways to charge the battery. So then he may as well do it the "correct" way and order more of the ones he needs.

The reason I asked is because he was going to put the one and only female end on the esc and then he said he would change the charge lead as well. If he used the one female on the esc he will have to order more anyways to charge the battery. So then he may as well do it the "correct" way and order more of the ones he needs.
I got a spare female . 2 spare. That I already had

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back