Yatabe Arena, Japan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpinRush_C1

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
A4D492A2-F82F-4B7A-923E-62A48B94019E.jpeg
728D9EB8-70EC-4EB0-A5A1-139DDD9075F4.jpeg

Fellow Bashers, what’s up! This R/C thing is really changing my life. It was a day of big fun here in Japan. I have a lot of video to edit, but it won’t get done tonight. I’m discharging and storage charging the Lipos I didn’t use today. I won’t be out again till next week.

Today was a big day for me. I visited the Mecca of R/C Japan today. At the epicenter of Japan’s R/C culture is Yatabe Arena in Ibaraki, Japan. For you, it’s about 12 hours of flight time and another 2 hours of ground transportation getting here. For me, it’s a 1 hour drive if the traffic is light.

My two worlds collided today and I never realized they had such a strong gravitational pull on each other. One part of my life is the JDM car scene in Japan. I love tuning cars and cruising in general. I love just about anything JDM. Then there’s this new part of my life that is R/C. In addition to flying drones, I’m now into R/C cars courtesy of yours truly, Arrma.

D026C5CA-B24C-4AFE-8EB1-67B2FF39A398.jpeg
4555C61E-BD07-4A53-8735-046183B7E8F2.jpeg
CF479865-C956-4D2C-8BA5-386C51857815.jpeg

What I witnessed today really blew me away. Not only was the parking lot JDM ASF, but the cars they drove inside were almost the spitting image of their fantasies. Don’t think for a second that the buggies weren’t styling. The skill level = BOSS. The personal tech and pit gear = HIGH SPEC / TOP TECH. I took as many pictures as I could to give you a real glimpse into what they are doing. I’m not sure if you guys back in the States are doing like this ( I hope you are ).

82C7488E-03C7-4654-BCD3-ED9840E4CE6A.jpeg
942D3D61-5A95-41E3-A419-DFEDA7A53DA3.jpeg
DE009B2C-2FD0-4355-B38F-7234589AD4AC.jpeg
E696B5DB-0583-4AB6-BBEB-A4B03815475A.jpeg

Team Yokomo is the main brand at Yatabe Arena. They have just about everything in their store. The staff were very kind to me. They were worried about my Reflex 14B cause it’s so small. That Reflex 14B is a tough car. I absolutely suck at driving the car right now. That course was so technical. I crashed, I flipped, I hit stuff, and it kept going. It held up like a BOSS Baby. I was happy just to get a clean lap without flipping or bouncing off the track.

I’m going to add some pictures here. Just so happens that today was the DR1JP Championship. Maybe it was the championship. All I really know is that it was a big deal. Huge gallery of people watching. Yatabe Arena has every type of track almost.
2E8E5874-786F-4F25-81A1-E09E79390B8C.jpeg
F4F2055F-085B-49BA-8498-A3F96FC7AD7F.jpeg
2D16171F-1753-4DE7-A02B-EF90A3B8D8DE.jpeg

There was so much to take in. I spent most of my day on the Indoor Carpet track for buggies. GUYS, you gotta help me. I need to learn about tires for carpet. I need some more grip. I’ll show those 1/10s that if a 1/14 had the same tires and a brushless, I can battle.

F4477F64-01E4-449E-B1E2-3DCA27FD4C21.jpeg

They are so neat. Oh well. I had the Typhon with me today, but they said it’s too big for their track. The search continues for a track I can run it on. I may have to travel a bit further. Next week, I’m visiting another track here in Japan. I just hope the weather holds up so track conditions will be a bit dry. I really really hope Arrma makes a 1/10 buggy, I can buy into. I saw the Team Associated banner hanging in Yatabe Arena. My search begins for a 1/10 buggy that can run indoor.

Attachments

• EF289C21-EDCC-4413-BBDB-B11437C78528.jpeg
    EF289C21-EDCC-4413-BBDB-B11437C78528.jpeg
    286.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
View attachment 61500View attachment 61498
Fellow Bashers, what’s up! This R/C thing is really changing my life. It was a day of big fun here in Japan. I have a lot of video to edit, but it won’t get done tonight. I’m discharging and storage charging the Lipos I didn’t use today. I won’t be out again till next week.

Today was a big day for me. I visited the Mecca of R/C Japan today. At the epicenter of Japan’s R/C culture is Yatabe Arena in Ibaraki, Japan. For you, it’s about 12 hours of flight time and another 2 hours of ground transportation getting here. For me, it’s a 1 hour drive if the traffic is light.

My two worlds collided today and I never realized they had such a strong gravitational pull on each other. One part of my life is the JDM car scene in Japan. I love tuning cars and cruising in general. I love just about anything JDM. Then there’s this new part of my life that is R/C. In addition to flying drones, I’m now into R/C cars courtesy of yours truly, Arrma.

View attachment 61506View attachment 61505View attachment 61504

What I witnessed today really blew me away. Not only was the parking lot JDM ASF, but the cars they drove inside were almost the spitting image of their fantasies. Don’t think for a second that the buggies weren’t styling. The skill level = BOSS. The personal tech and pit gear = HIGH SPEC / TOP TECH. I took as many pictures as I could to give you a real glimpse into what they are doing. I’m not sure if you guys back in the States are doing like this ( I hope you are ).

View attachment 61507View attachment 61508View attachment 61509View attachment 61510

Team Yokomo is the main brand at Yatabe Arena. They have just about everything in their store. The staff were very kind to me. They were worried about my Reflex 14B cause it’s so small. That Reflex 14B is a tough car. I absolutely suck at driving the car right now. That course was so technical. I crashed, I flipped, I hit stuff, and it kept going. It held up like a BOSS Baby. I was happy just to get a clean lap without flipping or bouncing off the track.

I’m going to add some pictures here. Just so happens that today was the DR1JP Championship. Maybe it was the championship. All I really know is that it was a big deal. Huge gallery of people watching. Yatabe Arena has every type of track almost.
View attachment 61501View attachment 61502View attachment 61503

There was so much to take in. I spent most of my day on the Indoor Carpet track for buggies. GUYS, you gotta help me. I need to learn about tires for carpet. I need some more grip. I’ll show those 1/10s that if a 1/14 had the same tires and a brushless, I can battle.

View attachment 61511

They are so neat. Oh well. I had the Typhon with me today, but they said it’s too big for their track. The search continues for a track I can run it on. I may have to travel a bit further. Next week, I’m visiting another track here in Japan. I just hope the weather holds up so track conditions will be a bit dry. I really really hope Arrma makes a 1/10 buggy, I can buy into. I saw the Team Associated banner hanging in Yatabe Arena. My search begins for a 1/10 buggy that can run indoor.
What an awesome adventure. Great to be able to follow along in such detail. There's a very nice little RTR buggy from Losi called the Tenacity DB Pro. Since it's a Horizon product, wouldn't be that hard to get your hands on. Not sure of your budget, but here's a link so you can have a look.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/1-10-tenacity-db-pro-smart-4wd-desert-buggy-rtr-lucas-oil-los03027t1.
Set it up with some 12mm hex track tires and you're in the game. There are a lot of 1/10 scale kits out there, but I'm just showing you a strong RTR option.

Fast and Furious RC style lol!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back