Yay... another pit to throw money into ... FPV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineer

🦄💩
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
Darn it - why didn't you people tell me how much fun this was sooner?!?!? :cool:

5172BA43-1921-443F-904B-E7DE980C9684.jpeg

DFF73E3D-8823-4E01-B079-D9E96995F671.jpeg

786B9E00-B80F-414C-854B-18795F080A46.jpeg

Looks nice what did that cost? What brand?

Until the first crash or roll over. I used to have a solid mount for my GoPro that could be used on my Outcast/Notorious and my Typhon. After the first crash where the camera was still intact, that was the end of my foray into fpv.

Until the first crash or roll over. I used to have a solid mount for my GoPro that could be used on my Outcast/Notorious and my Typhon. After the first crash where the camera was still intact, that was the end of my foray into fpv.

No worries, I will drive like I have a bag of milk sitting on my Typhon.

Pit? Wake us up when you're buying $500 goggles and loosing $2000 quads in the mountains.

Unless you're CFIT'ing all the time as a habit, cars are a way bigger pit coming from aircraft myself. :)

Oh, and nice one with the car rig!

Pit? Wake us up when you're buying $500 goggles and loosing $2000 quads in the mountains.

Unless you're CFIT'ing all the time as a habit, cars are a way bigger pit coming from aircraft myself. :)

Oh, and nice one with the car rig!

“Oh grasshopper, endless pit begin with one small divot”

but yeah, I certainly hope I don’t get to that point :) but I am getting close to throwing down on a DJI Mini 2.

About the rig - this one is my Frakenparts build. Talion Chassis + Kraton Arms/Diffs + Typhon Body & Stretched Mounts + Backflip LP Tires + Notorious 6S wing.

“Oh grasshopper, endless pit begin with one small divot”

but yeah, I certainly hope I don’t get to that point :) but I am getting close to throwing down on a DJI Mini 2.

You should and I'm not kidding, it'll make you giggle like a child from what I gather. The Mini 2 isn't perfect but some of the best bang for buck in r/c aviation, very capable and a lovely camera. Software available for waypoint flight planning and autonomous flight, etc. No registration, just fun.

I have never tried it myself but have heard many times doesn't work so well with a surface type rig. I kinda put my build on pause for now. I am going to work on repeater station so I can double my distance. Let me know how it works for the head tracker

Well that was an absolute blast. Took it out for a maiden spin at the roller rink last night and it was awesome.

Video quality kind of sucks since I didn't do anything to isolate the power/signal wires at all. But now I'm going to have to think of a better place/way to mount a more permanent setup.

Well that was an absolute blast. Took it out for a maiden spin at the roller rink last night and it was awesome.

Video quality kind of sucks since I didn't do anything to isolate the power/signal wires at all. But now I'm going to have to think of a better place/way to mount a more permanent setup.
I can appreciate wanting to have an fpv set up, but will isolating those wires really help that much?

You do have a couple high def digital systems you can get. Some cheap but diy, others expensive.

I can appreciate wanting to have an fpv set up, but will isolating those wires really help that much?

In one of my previous lives, I did RF design work and when I look at how some of this stuff is laid out and how signals are run from the camera to the transmitter, I cringe - but in the end, is the juice worth the squeeze? For a $25 camera/TX system, I'm not about to go and redo everything with double/triple shielded coax cable and twisted pair leads. :p

This is our property sentinel. It's a drone, or you can drive it. It is actually armed, but I won't post video of that. We had a huge coyote problem, and this was my answer.

This is our property sentinel. It's a drone, or you can drive it. It is actually armed, but I won't post video of that. We had a huge coyote problem, and this was my answer.

yeah, folks at the rink might get a little jumpy if I tried mounting a ma deuce on the Typhon ... might have to gear down too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back