Yay or nay on this underbody reinforcement for the Notorious 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
I want to get some longevity on this new Notorious body. I found that one of the biggest issues is the way the body splits right in front of the doors from the roof being pushed down or the front bumper being pushed in on big impacts. I used a cut a piece of 3mm plastic to fit the entire length of the body then mounted with screws in the holes where the body clip retainers would normal get attached to the truck. Opinions and comments welcome. @olds97_lss, I know you can see things in an idea that may or may not work, so please give me an honest opinion.

20230131_222342.jpg
20230131_222416.jpg

⬆️ good idea? Unless it reduces stiffness. Maybe trim an old roll cage to fit. Is it stiff or flexible plastic?

I would probably cut a square out so the roll cage can mate up to the body roll cage

⬆️ good idea? Unless it reduces stiffness. Maybe trim an old roll cage to fit. Is it stiff or flexible plastic?
I stopped using roll cages a while back actually, but I did have an idea to stuff some higher density foam between the roof and my new plate. I found that the cage they had in the Notorious/Outcast wasn't placed in a good spot anyways, and was never going to help as much as they intended.

Might even fill with filler foam?
Good idea. I guess I could mask the outsides and leave a hole big enough to spray in. It expands super quick though right? Slow and steady are not my forte.

Good idea. I guess I could mask the outsides and leave a hole big enough to spray in. It expands super quick though right? Slow and steady are not my forte.
Mine either brother...wait, neither are fast as hell & a little/lot outta control!😁

Yes, expands in seconds and probably cured in 30 min. I'd experiment outside first. Needs to be between solid and flexible enough type. Not a foam expert, just spitting out ideas.
I've seen how the expansion can deform the mold, i.e. maybe smaller steps and 2-3 fillings??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back