Kraton Yeah racing dual fans for k6s v5 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotwheel85

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Hi.

I could not get the nice heatsink from Arrma elsewhere in my country.

The best i found was yeah racing with dual fans. This heatsink looks good and i hope it fit nicely, getting it tomorrow.

Wonder if the plug from the fan fits the plug that is ready to be used with the one on the spektrum 150A stock v5 esc?

This is a dual fan and then i must connect the other one on the reciever.

Question is what deliver most voltage, the cable lioutside on the esc that is ment for the arrma fan, or the power from the reciever?

When i did a research before i remember that people said too much connected to reciever/esc would stress the bec and make the esc struggle more/heat up.

Is it safe to connect both the motor fans plus the one that already runs on the esc?

Once again im am sp pleased with this community and how much advice/help that is given here 😎👍

Forgot to add pics of the fans with collector

C25A6866-036B-4434-AF59-B1EB49335702.png

For me yeah racing are the best fan for the money. I have one running after 2 years of abuse. Cant say the same for powerhobbies who don't break but break electronically. I fixed it and it stopped again after a pack .

I've had those and they shattered. However, I still have the heat sink and that's still good. I put 2 aluminum protek fans on it and it's amazing now. I've flipped with no body on amd nothing broke, did it 3 times while testing and then finally put the body back on. 🙄🤓

That will plug straight into the ESC. Make sure the Black wire is facing the outside of the receiver or else the fans won't turn on.
I didnt understand excactly what you mean.
So you guys runned with just one fan?
Esc plug holding one. Could plug the second fan on the reciever?
What about the voltage use could it be too much for the spektrum esc to run it’s own esc fan plus Two more for motor? Or is it more common on smaller esc that they could be overloaded?

What about the voltage use could it be too much for the spektrum esc to run it’s own esc fan plus Two more for motor? Or is it more common on smaller esc that they could be overloaded?
The ESC can run multiple fans. Currently, I have 3 fans in my Granite. ESC has no problem. No need to worry about anything. And Make sure the black wire is facing the outside of the reciever

You'll need a Y plug.

You want to get a JST or Futaba style y-splitter do run both fans off of the ESC plug. The YR heatsink might come with one though.

Something like these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DY62Y7X/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_VVTZTNAQRH9SWTKGFX5Z

I run two 30mm protek fans off my esc. No issues. It's on channel 3 so I can control the fans on/off from my radio.

I had yeah racing fans, but now I'll never buy anything by aluminum housing fans. Act as a additional heat sink as well pal.

20210807_103112.jpg

20200901_184704.jpg

20200901_184638.jpg

20200901_185825.jpg

20200810_141713.jpg

I cant get it to fit! The center drive shafts is in the way.

Edit: i mounted it on the side some kinda it fits now :)

Here it is, the fan is mounted directly on top of the heatsink. It kinda blows the air up if you hold your hand over. It was included 4 spacers to lift the fan a bit over the heatsink. Should i put them on? It feels safer now that its sitting close and tight, but the airflow is probably not optimal.

Going to secure the wires.

F9CE085F-A418-4F15-944A-DDB995A2B3AE.jpeg

Yes you definitely want to add the spacers underneath them. Look at my above photos for reference.
Personally I think the air should be blowing down in the motor not sucking hot air away from it.

And none of that housing should touch your Center Drive Shaft just rotate the heatsink to avoid this hitting the shaft. Your shaft is will eat that soft aluminum in 5 seconds.

What you have everything set where you want it tightened everything down and secure those fan wire so they do not get snagged on everything and rip out of back of the fans. Once that happens, they go in the trash.
This help at all?
Not the same truck but same idea.

This is what I had, they exploded... switched to aluminum and never looked back.

Enjoy and let us know if you need more help.

Attachments

• 20200820_170626.jpg
    20200820_170626.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 20200804_112328.jpg
    20200804_112328.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 20210727_191402.jpg
    20210727_191402.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 64
Tested it without spacers first since i like to have things low inside the body just in case, but to raise it a bit wont hurt so i will do it on the next run.

It was HUGE improvment with temperatures!! I only used one fan since we was on the way out, and i didnt had the y wire. Before i could run 10-12 minutes reaching 60c before i took a break, then 10 min then break again. Now i runned it for 40 min and had 47c.

Tested it without spacers first since i like to have things low inside the body just in case, but to raise it a bit wont hurt so i will do it on the next run.

It was HUGE improvment with temperatures!! I only used one fan since we was on the way out, and i didnt had the y wire. Before i could run 10-12 minutes reaching 60c before i took a break, then 10 min then break again. Now i runned it for 40 min and had 47c.
Excellent to hear. Post photos when done pal. You can always try and find more spaces so you can support the plastic fans on all 4 corners instead of 2 spacers for each fan.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back