Kraton Yeah racing heatsink

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disturbed_kraton

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
So I bought the dual fan heatsink combo it's just over 40mm and our motor is 40mm. So I took a piece left over from the diff when I converted to aluminum and wedged it on the non fin side temporarily. What did you guys that have this setup do?

20210613_215259.jpg

20210613_215129.jpg

20210609_202958.jpg

Yeah racing on v5 spektrum motor. Used 3 layers of thermal tape with no gaps to take up space. Might have been able to get away with 2 but I wanted to make sure it was tight. Temps only got to 140 last night in 85° Temps on 15 tooth pinion. I do take breaks but stayed cooler than with no fans and 12 tooth pinion with same driving style.

I have the Power Hobby version, same thing. Used fancy Thermaltake thermal pad in the bottom half, fits real snug. The idea was to use something thermally conductive to move heat into the sink. I'm upgrading to 2x40mm fans direct flow, because the heat sink just hasn't been effective enough.

Thanks fellas I got to buy a y splitter to be able to run the 2nd fan off eBay anyway I'm just going to buy some foil and thermal pads both see which I like better. Yeah mines the v5 the stock heatsink on v4s must be just enough to take up the slack.

Thanks. And that dropped your Temps? I'm trying to wrap my head around if this helps transfer heat or blocks the transfer the description makes it seem like it blocks it.
Yes, by maybe 20° F as an assembly. I'm still getting too hot giving it hard runs in the grass and punching it through jumps the whole time, which is why I'm investing in more fans.

Yes, by maybe 20° F as an assembly. I'm still getting too hot giving it hard runs in the grass and punching it through jumps the whole time, which is why I'm investing in more fans.
I mean 20° is definitely a huge help. I run the same terrain and style grass and hard on and off throttle. I've not had thermal shutdown yet but it gets extremely hot so ill give that thermal pad a go for now and check Temps. Thank you sir.

It should be enough, but I think I've got something else going on that's making my junk go over 180°F. I've dropped my timing by half, but haven't tested it yet due to rain. It was in the 160's when new.

Yeah mines up there now too but I put 20m in center diff and I think 500k in rear diff. I didn't advance my timing or up my punch though. The arrma stock 2050 heatsink and fan just showed up off back order so im gonna mess around with both of them lol

Thanks. And that dropped your Temps? I'm trying to wrap my head around if this helps transfer heat or blocks the transfer the description makes it seem like it blocks it.
It is clearly designed to HELP thermal transfer - it will actually turn the heat sink into an actual heat sink, unlike every other suggestion in this thread. Do you ever see anyone putting chunks of whatever they can find between their CPU processor and heat sink?

I used a sheet of thermal pad on a 40mm TP motor.
I have the Power Hobby version, same thing. Used fancy Thermaltake thermal pad in the bottom half, fits real snug. The idea was to use something thermally conductive to move heat into the sink. I'm upgrading to 2x40mm fans direct flow, because the heat sink just hasn't been effective enough.
This is the correct answer

It is clearly designed to HELP thermal transfer - it will actually turn the heat sink into an actual heat sink, unlike every other suggestion in this thread. Do you ever see anyone putting chunks of whatever they can find between their CPU processor and heat sink?
I'm aware of that but the way the description read on the one I was looking at made it sound like a thermal barrier, rather than a thermal transfer.

Only use thermal pad where the heat sink touches the motor can, cut the access out with knife. I have never gotten hotter than 60degc bashing and jumping with 15 tooth on 4s

I'm aware of that but the way the description read on the one I was looking at made it sound like a thermal barrier, rather than a thermal transfer.
The description seems to be wrong, as it does conduct heat, but it doesn't conduct electricity. If you actually read on the package, that is what it says..
Just a typo...

How come you put the thermal pad underneath and not directly under the heatsink like with computer components.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back