Outcast Yeah Racing single motor fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, but I can pretty much guarantee the first big jump you take is going to snap the fans frame. They need support on all 4 corners and under the center of the fan or they just break into pieces.

I run the hobbywing single fan on my outcast and it seems to do ok. I had to modify it a bit and cut a little off the center tower pin.
2019-1025-Outcast-ArmorWerksServoMountSide.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Hobbywing-Cooling-System-86080130-funshobby/dp/B00792P9WG

I think I had to squeeze it a bit so it would hug the motor tight, but I still run a big ziptie around it to keep it from shifting much.

Last edited:
I have not tried that fan... but that fan mount is beyond crap.. had nothing but issues with that thing... if you had 2 mounts it would be much better...

Now I do have the tall aluminum fan and that thing is great, moved big air!.. and moved even bigger air set up off the can.. I did make my own mount though...

That being said I'd go for the large aluminium fan before that one...

Attachments

• 20191110_160053.jpg
    20191110_160053.jpg
    412.6 KB · Views: 87
That's an important note about having a gap under the fan!

Without about 1/4", or more of air space under the fan no fan can move much air. Look for a mount which provides a gap, or has a design that you can add longer screws and spacers to make an air gap.

Ya the mount the OP posted doesn't have much air gap at all.. maybe an 1/8" if that, (I didnt measure) I can say there was a considerable temp difference between that mount and the one I made which stands the fan off the motor much more..

Another hobbywing c4 fan user. I love mine, it works great and I only ever broke the factory fan. Replaced the fan with a yeah racing 40mm... it rips.

I have the twin fan / heat sink from Yeah racing. No issues so far.

20191015_172331.jpg

Another hobbywing c4 fan user. I love mine, it works great and I only ever broke the factory fan. Replaced the fan with a yeah racing 40mm... it rips.
I had a 3650 Hobbywing C1 on an older car and it was great. I went for the Dual fan set up as it will probably be easier for my son to install. He is good at driving and using solid objects to stop cars.... now he needs to learn how to wrench.
Might look at the C4 down the track.

Thanks for the tips on making sure there is an air gap.

http://www.yeahracing.com/catalog/

I must admit though after that post the plastic fans broke after a number of hard landings from big jumps at a skate park. I have some aluminium housing fans on order. No issues with the heatsink. So if your budget allows order the twin fan heatsink and 2 aluminium fans unless your not jumping, then the plastic fans are fine.
Their on ebay also.

http://www.yeahracing.com/catalog/

I must admit though after that post the plastic fans broke after a number of hard landings from big jumps at a skate park. I have some aluminium housing fans on order. No issues with the heatsink. So if your budget allows order the twin fan heatsink and 2 aluminium fans unless your not jumping, then the plastic fans are fine.
Their on ebay also.
Exactly what happened to me. I bought the combo of the heatsink with the 2 tornado fans. Performance was good, but a hard landing on the roof was all it took to trash a fan. An aluminum housing definitely helps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back