Yes indeed ... The Gen 5 TLR 7075 H.D. Typhon Chassis retrofits older buddies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Kid

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Just upgraded a slightly bent and very used G2 Typhon chassis with a new Gen 5 Team Losi Racing ( TLR ) chassis.
All the correct holes in all the right places .. Gotta LOVE ARRMA on them staying basic in layout !!

Having also recently changed out F / R differentials to the New EXB Limited Slips, Installed Spankin new current Gen shocks and a few more Billet A-arm pivot pin blocks up front.
Started re-assembling with my Carbon rod braces, only to have my son tell me he had an extra set of HR braces. New alloy ESC bracket and misc stuff in cleaning it all up.

20230111_153601.jpg

thumbnaild.jpg

c.jpg

thumbnailf.jpg

Last edited:
Just upgraded a slightly bent and very used G2 Typhon chassis with a new Gen 5 Losi Racing Design ( LRD ) chassis.
All the correct holes in all the right places .. Gotta LOVE ARRMA on them staying basic in layout !!

Having also recently changed out F / R differentials to the New EXB Limited Slips, Installed Spankin new current Gen shocks and a few more Billet A-arm pivot pin blocks up front.
Started re-assembling with my Carbon rod braces, only to have my so tell me he had an extra set of HR braces. New alloy ESC bracket and misc stuff in cleaning it all up.

View attachment 269338

View attachment 269339

View attachment 269340

Yup for the most part the chassis layout has remained the same since 2014. The only thing that I know of that is different is the mounting holes for the battery tray, you can't mount the new style battery tray on a V1 chassis as the hole placement is different, at least not without drilling and counter sinking new holes. The new chassis does have provisions to mount the V1 battery tray however.

Only 4 screw holes and a milled Square hole are unused in this G2 change over.
Sq hole and round at pointed finger, other 3 at @ 3 o'clock in picture.

View attachment 269382
The holes by your finger are for parts that Arrma never made for the cars, they made provisions for a different rear chassis brace or a chassis brace that keys into the chassis along with being screwed down. The other holes are so you can use the V1 battery tray.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back