Typhon Yet another diff request..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Typhon totally stock....
I've changed the center diff to 200k, but not sure what to put in front and rear..??
Want it to stop being so skittish, was thinking 20k rear, 30k front...?
On damp tarmac it will pirouette at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, pretty good for crashing...??

I'd try 20 in the front first and then maybe 30 if you want it to be less oversteery.

20 sounds a bit much for the rear if you are trying to reduce oversteer. I'd leave it stock and concentrate on the front for now and maybe go up to 10... maybe 15 max.

I'd also make suspension and toe in/out alterations in conjunction with tuning the diffs... rather than focusing on one thing..

Have you seen the diff oil handling guide?
See https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/differential-oil-weight-tips.1727/

I'd try 20 in the front first and then maybe 30 if you want it to be less oversteery.

20 sounds a bit much for the rear if you are trying to reduce oversteer. I'd leave it stock and concentrate on the front for now and maybe go up to 10... maybe 15 max.

I'd also make suspension and toe in/out alterations in conjunction with tuning the diffs... rather than focusing on one thing..

Have you seen the diff oil handling guide?
See https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/differential-oil-weight-tips.1727/

I think I may be going the other way. I'm not worried about oversteer, I plan on whipping this thing around until the wheels fall off.

Fair enough. ?

I have mine setup quite oversteery but my GT5 gyro totally tames it. If I switch off the gyro I can hardly put the power down without spinning out.. It makes keeping it straight a real chore. Without the gyro personally I'd try and go for a more neutral balance.

The choice is entirely yours though..

I have mine setup quite oversteery but my GT5 gyro totally tames it. If I switch off the gyro I can hardly put the power down without spinning out.. It makes keeping it straight a real chore. Without the gyro personally I'd try and go for a more neutral balance.
What do you run in yours..??

Anybody else with a Typhon here..??
There must be more people with a Typhon here that have done diff oil swaps..?

Anybody else with a Typhon here..??
There must be more people with a Typhon here that have done diff oil swaps..?
I did 60/200/30, but ha went run it enough to get a read on it. I'm taking care of the Typhon 6s more than my other trucks. I always intended it to be more of a dirt track car, and only got it out a couple of times before the snow started.

I own a Typhon 6s but am still using stock fluids for now. My build finished after winter set in so I’m waiting for spring to run it. ??‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back