Yet another Limitless build...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing I wish is that the 1721 had a longer motor shaft. If they're gonna go 8mm diameter might as well go the same length as the other 8mm motor shafts. My pinion grub screw is pretty close to the edge. I may swap around some of the spool spacers to see if I can make me feel better about running this thing.

Aren't the other 17** series 5mm diameter motor shaft? I feel like they should have went longer if they were going to go ahead and put a 8mm diameter shaft in. I bet it's probably something with the balancing of the motor. Just a guess, though.
Mine went together ok with the 8mm using saga gears and a scorched Pinocchio spool. Did you try rearranging your spool spacers? My bad.. I just reread your post saying you were going to rearrange the spacers. Just trying to help 👍
1566D80F-724A-466B-A8DF-258547807925.jpeg
E916FA50-D81D-4D4C-A818-DAB8C152638F.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks good. The 1721 is a scream at 90,000 RPM.

Innovation RC did some testing with a CF wing. It looked a bit flappy to me but he said it seems to help with the braking.

No wind tunnel testing here, but it would seem that a vertical fine would be more useful for keeping a straight line. And have equal down force front and rear, assuming the car is balanced.

The rear wings do help while braking, but add some additional drag.
When I was pushing the original electronics in the Kraton 6s v4 to the limits I couldn't get past 94 mph. I removed the rear wing and got to 96 mph but it was all over during braking and nearly crashed.

I am curious what it could have done with perfect pass type of throttle control to help with amperage limiting of the BLX esc, but 96 mph was pretty good for a large Kraton 6s and stopped there.

The wing was worth the 2mph loss for the stability during braking.

See that's my biggest thing, I want to be able to control it. My biggest fear is accidentally running into something at high speeds.

The last road I attempted speed passes on had a small bump that would throw my front end in the air at 95/96mph, which would send the entire car tumbling and rolling on the pavement. My first XLX2 had motor wires coming out and arcing to the ESC bullets - literally welded some of the bullet off :oops:. Safe to say i'm not going on that road anymore.

Tomorrow's road looks much more promising. It's a slight downhill, too, so at least i'm not fighting anything uphill.

See that's my biggest thing, I want to be able to control it. My biggest fear is accidentally running into something at high speeds.

The last road I attempted speed passes on had a small bump that would throw my front end in the air at 95/96mph, which would send the entire car tumbling and rolling on the pavement. My first XLX2 had motor wires coming out and arcing to the ESC bullets - literally welded some of the bullet off :oops:. Safe to say i'm not going on that road anymore.

Tomorrow's road looks much more promising. It's a slight downhill, too, so at least i'm not fighting anything uphill.
Yes, it's terrifying.

To put it in perspective if this was a bullet, a 10lb car (probably conservative) going at 1500 MPH has about 9 times the energy of a .45 cal. So yah, it's a bit dangerous. It would be a good story at the ER. "What are hear for, I got hit by a toy car. But sir your missing arm?"🤔

Yes, it's terrifying.

To put it in perspective if this was a bullet, a 10lb car (probably conservative) going at 1500 MPH has about 9 times the energy of a .45 cal. So yah, it's a bit dangerous. It would be a good story at the ER. "What are hear for, I got hit by a toy car. But sir your missing arm?"🤔
Hahahaha, I laughed way too hard at this.

I did a few test passes today on 4s. I don't have the room to really open it up, and i'm waiting on my transmitter booster to come in from China, but it got to 99mph in the small distance I covered. The video I have is 5 seconds long, but it shows a little bit of it's capabilities - it doesn't take long to get to 99mph. I really REALLY need a better, longer, road with no bumpers separating the lanes and no curbs. My buddy took the video on Snapchat, ugh. I'll get better video tomorrow.

The crazy thing is i'm starting right at the top of that small hill and it's still getting to 99mph by then. This motor is going to be insane on 6s.

And then 8s…
in the next couple days i hope to open up my 2028 to over 100 on 8s, might as well have all the power.
need to get one of them scorched spools

Work has taken up so much of my life lately that I haven't had a chance to run it again since the first time. I'm hoping to this weekend!

Since i had the 2028 laying around i put it in my Xmaxx. Should be pretty gnarly. Haven't driven it yet.

Nice! Actually using it for a 1/5 scale? Cool!
supposed to get snow Saturday in colorado, fun…… argh.
So I’m running it on my local high school track, maybe 70mph there? I did 75 once, but, it wasnt fun, hit the brakes way to hard.
tuesday is busy for me, Wednesday might be open, but I’m thinking ill go thurday. Lets hope everything goes smooth.
I hope you get 200kmh (125mph) this weekend

Yeah! haha.... I haven't driven it yet but it should be a monster. Snow, ugh, sorry to hear. Luckily we're back at reasonable temps so i've at least gotten to run my talion and mojave. I've been CRAVING to get a high speed run in soon, so i'm really hoping to have a good run this weekend.

It's definitely harder to get these speeds than what I hoped. Road and road conditions play such a big part in it. Are you using the stock limitless diffs? Moving to the felony front diffs in both sides has made my spool up to 99mph pretty stinking fast.

I drove my freinds 8s kraton 2028 build. Almost 70 here in colorado, so the track should have amazing grip,

totally man, i agree, i thought starting would be moving leaps and bounds, 80, 90, 100, 110, but it isnt like that at all, i think I’m going to get on my favorite road, (1,450 feet) and that should let me really open it up, i hope the car holds to the ground.
Going to a scorched Pinocchio spool, but for now I’m on the stock diffs, front rear and center. 45;34.
I’m going to the GP5 diffs next week, bought them, just haven’t installed them.

I drove my freinds 8s kraton 2028 build. Almost 70 here in colorado, so the track should have amazing grip,

totally man, i agree, i thought starting would be moving leaps and bounds, 80, 90, 100, 110, but it isnt like that at all, i think I’m going to get on my favorite road, (1,450 feet) and that should let me really open it up, i hope the car holds to the ground.
Going to a scorched Pinocchio spool, but for now I’m on the stock diffs, front rear and center. 45;34.
I’m going to the GP5 diffs next week, bought them, just haven’t installed them.
Yep! You end up figuring out fast lol. I was aiming for the 120 range but ended up happy with 99mph. I hope I get a chance to really open it up this weekend. Full throttle it for more than just a couple seconds.

The long spools are amazing! I got the RamJam one and it's held up so far. I will say, it took like 2 weeks to get the RamJam one, over a month to get my Scorched order lol.

Getting the 2.8 diff ratios of the GP5 will help you for sure. The 3.3(*i think) of the limitless takes it awhile to get up to speed, but better for super long runs. I just can't find the road for those lol.

Yea, i don't want to say it, but I’m a total crybaby with my 2,000 dollar rig, I’ve crashed other rigs, and the feeling of failure is overwhelming, horrible. scorched has been Good for me as far as shipping, island hobby nut took a while for me though, 3 weeks for the saga gears.
as far as roads for me go, i have a PERFECT full MILE long road near me, not busy either, and i asked my city, and they can close it for a few minutes, since all it does is connect 2 portions of the city, no stores or homes.
I’m just worried that if i get the chance at a full mile, ill open the car up more then i can handle.
i also have Clarence for the airport right next to me, thats 4800 feet, so ill use one of those after a max a quarter mile.

Sweet sweet. Let me know your results when you get them.

I mean, I definitely don't want to wreck my rig, but if you think these wrecks are bad just wait until you're going way faster. Gotta take the risk for the reward, but do it as safely as possible. The kinetic energy of these things at those speeds can literally kill someone.

I found a new road, and it's not as nice and new as the one I was going to before, but it's level and pretty decently even. 1550ft. I finally got my range booster installed, so i'm ready to give it another go. Heres a couple pics of the XLX2/2028 install in the Xmaxx, and new body. Mod 1.5 gears coming for it.
IMG_2355.jpeg
IMG_2353.jpeg

I agree, no pain no gain, somethign will eventually go wrong, for every speedrunner, and we all have to suck up the fact, but i agree you have to do it as safely as possible.
the xmaxx looks solid, i see its geared for bashing purposes.
and i see you with that little erevo!!
ill let you know how the scorched spool goes.

Yessir! I just had to drop $100 on Mod 1.5 gears because it already tore those up. Ended up going 30/35 gearing, we'll see how it goes.

I'll have to put up a picture of my collection sometime. I really need to start getting rid of some. :LOL:

Yessir! I just had to drop $100 on Mod 1.5 gears because it already tore those up. Ended up going 30/35 gearing, we'll see how it goes.

I'll have to put up a picture of my collection sometime. I really need to start getting rid of some. :LOL:
do you have a link to the mod 1.5 gears you ended up with, I am doing a similar build...
Also how did you like the ramjam spool and shafts? thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back