You ever get frustrated then just lose all your ambition to do something?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
Just spent over an hour going through a drawers of parts to find a Jato shock tower that I knew I had 3 of. I knew it was in the first drawer I looked in (which has 4 trucks worth of parts in it), but I couldn't find it. So I went to a couple other drawers only to circle back to where I started, emptied the entire drawer on the floor and reorganized it yet again so each truck had a corner in the drawer...

As I was going through the drawer of parts, the cats decided to get involved.... after fighting with the stupid cats jumping in the parts, batting them around, running off with them, jumping on me, getting in the drawer as I emptied and filled it, knocking stuff off my battery stand, work bench, my wife coming in twice to ask what I wanted for dinner (I know, horrible life, right?!?!), I was so annoyed that I just don't have it in me to start working on trucks...

Just one of those days I guess. lol!

I'm now logging off and going to watch TV... which in and of itself became a source of expensive frustration a few days ago. Had a weird power surge after I got home from a great bash session that caused all 3 of my computers to reboot, clocks to reset and what appeared to be my HDMI ports in my $700 AV receiver to die. After spending 7 hours searching the internet for a stupid Yamaha replacement receiver (seems they are all on back order due to covid), I ran across a forum post that said to unplug the hdmi's and power, then plug the hdmi's back in, then the power, then try. If that doesn't work, do a factory reset. Luckily, unplugging/replugging things in fixed it!!!!

Again, I know, "first world problems"...

EDIT:
Just whining. Kind of amusing how pesky cats can be when your trying to do anything, especially anything with small bags of parts all over the place!

One of them is a good helper:
2021-0412-Piper-helpingFixMicroT.jpg

Last edited:
I think we've all been there. Sometimes you just need to step away for a bit to reset. Do something that is calming. Go for a walk, read a book, another hobby, or just watch TV. Whatever works for you.

Hang in there, you'll get over the frustration sooner or later. Best of luck.

I cycle through hobbies. RC, fishing, astrophotography, gun collecting, watch collecting and a few others. It keeps things fresh...

Im old enough to know ill cycle round to them again with renewed vigor and discover cool stuff that i missed.

I never invest heavily in a hobby until I know I'm passionate about it.

I've been frustrated like that more times than I can remember. Sometimes may walk away for hours or days. One of my stress relievers are to get completely out of the house and take a motorcycle ride or hit the levee on the quad. Once on the bike all I think about is the present.

@olds97_lss We've all been there. tbh, i have those moment basically every day.
Indeed cycle your attention. I often go for ATV/motorcycle mindfullness too.

I am 3 weeks behind on my IT class because I gave up. Trying to do those 3 weeks in one day, haven't done anything
Procrastinating is something completely different Bean :p

I basically gave up on the entire course. The only thing I care about is getting sufficients so I won't have to use my compensation grades on that course.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back