You guys would probably get a kick out of this one.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoNoHarm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Me: shimming and aligning the rear differential gears in my dodge ram’s Chrysler 9 1/4 housing on jackstands in my driveway.
D7CB8F99-9314-47D4-AD58-CB4B48EF6CA5.jpeg

Arrma owners: first time?

Sir we are working with none other than “mint” backlash.

Basically I just made it feel like other Chrysler 9.25 rears I’ve had at the shop.

???... well hopefully it felt like .005"-.008"...???

Man the 9.25 is always a pain with the carrier preload and that long azz tool! Sucks to do alone...

???... well hopefully it felt like .005"-.008"...???

Man the 9.25 is always a pain with the carrier preload and that long azz tool! Sucks to do alone...
I used an angled flathead screwdriver and just shoved it into an access hole to turn the roller shims.

The pinion gear blew apart for some reason? I was sick of the open diff anyway so I threw in a yukon LSD. This truck never even gets beat on. I give my marauder all hell and that’s still on it’s original rear. Here’s my dodge pinion.
D5CBF391-4926-41A4-8D3C-E220FFC468C1.jpeg

Right I drove it to work and back today and yesterday. I have NO noise!!! Welll I do have a slight weird thing going on with right turns only, but no humming or grinding or clunking or howling. I’ll just preload it a little more when I change out this initial fluid 500 miles from now. Needless to say I’m pretty happy.

Worth noting, never towed with the truck before. Weird as hell seeing a pinion snap like that.

Last edited:
So it’s been a few weeks since I finished the break in and preloaded the bearings more. Absolutely no noises. The truck RIPS! They should have totally put limited slips in these things from the factory!!! I bet this thing could beat my marauder now that it also has 3.55 gears. Before this event I drove the truck normally just doing small highway pulls, nothing insane. But now I’m having some real fun with it. Just threw an intake on and some spark plugs along with a diablo tune. This thing hauls for a stock hemi that has a simple muffler tacked on (along with the mods above) if I ever dyno it I’ll be sure to let you guys know the results. I dyno’d the marauder and it made 250 horsepower and 290 torque (to the wheels). Can’t complain with that. I’ve started driving the hell out of the truck because even though that 5.7 hemi is a beast, it’s got that major camshaft design flaw. It’s a lot like humans and dementia. You can dodge cancer and avoid every disease, but dementia is always looming over the horizon. For this truck it’s that camshaft being slowly starved of oil. The idle has developed a slight vibration and I know all vacuum lines are solid, and the spark plug replacement ruled that out. Swapped the coils temporarily so I could check, sadly it was still there. So clearly some valves aren’t opening fully because of the worn cam, but once it’s out of idle you can’t notice it and it still peels the tires no problem. I’m probably just gonna keep driving it like I stole it until the camshaft gets eaten up, then flush the block throw in a cam and sell it. Been a pleasure to own! I’ll let you guys know if I blow apart this rear.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back