Kraton You have a K6 exb, with the parts listed inside. You have 1k to spend. What do you upgrades/things do you buy for it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edh

Reaction score
I got a K6 exb. Want it to be a basher, don't care about top speed on road.

Have already:
Castle Creations MMX8S/1717 Combo
either Flysky GT5, Radiolink RC6GS, or Futaba 3PRKA
35kg Amazon Servo

I have about $700-1000 to spend on things not listed above. What would you recommend or buy?

You’ve got everything you need.

Now go get a Talion EXB 😆!…….just kidding. Maybe some M2C hinge pin blocks, Tbone rear bumper, hot racing front and rear hubs maybe.? It’s a pretty stout rig in its stock form really, not much needed out of the gate.

cheers,
kev

Have already:
35kg Amazon Servo

I have about $700-1000 to spend on things not listed above. What would you recommend or buy?
Trx Sledge..........🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 JK

Maybe get a Promodeler and External BEC.

Not sure, pretty solid setup you have there.

Go bash and see what breaks.

Buy a new car

Have already:
35kg Amazon Servo

M2C Speed or Goliath chassis depending on how nimble you want it and how big your sends are gonna be. Both are exponentially stronger than stock arrma chassis, EXB or otherwise.
3-d rc wing mount and bumper loops. Wing mount is literally unbreakable.
M2C shock stand offs
Backflip LPs (both these and standard backflips are my all around favorite tire)

Outcast wheelie bar if you want a wheelie bar

That's it other than maybe some spare EXB arms off Jenny's in case you hit a tree or something.

Other than the 3D rc wing mount I'd wait on those hop ups till you need em tho you might be set with what you have 👍

I would probably spend it on anything other than an rc.

Maybe "downgrade" to a MAX6 with a 1650kv motor. Most people won't benefit from the features CC offers, and HW would be plenty. It'd save you lots of $

Heck, I'd get a few bearings, stock up on oils and just buy another rig!!! The more the merrier! (y) ;)

thank you to those with actual advice. to the others.... yeah.

looking into beefcake, wing mount, and the backflips LPs,

i have a go pro already.

i am hoping if i upgrade to a bigger car in the future, i can use the esc/motor combo.
Heck, I'd get a few bearings, stock up on oils and just buy another rig!!! The more the merrier! (y) ;)
since I am thinking offroad, should I go all ceramic? who should I look into? jimmys, avid rc, who else is there?

since I am thinking offroad, should I go all ceramic? who should I look into? jimmys, avid rc
For off road you really don't need ceramic, u most likely will not see the difference. Some will still use ceramics in their motor only. Just make sure they are rubber sealed to keep dirt and junk out.

I have 1 set from Avid and the rest of mine are from Fast Eddys.

Haven't upgraded rest of my fleet yet but the Avid and Eddys I've used so far were great. No duds in the packages (always check each one b4 installing). They both seem like good brands/highly recommended by others.

since I am thinking offroad, should I go all ceramic? who should I look into? jimmys, avid rc, who else is there?
When 'we' talk about ceramic bearings we actually mean hybrid ceramic bearings (so steel casing with ceramic balls). There may be full ceramic bearing users, but I haven't seen one.

As mentioned for offroad go with rubber sealed bearings for dirt protection. IMO no need/benefit for ceramic bearings except for motor. For motor I use ceramic bearings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back