You know you're old if...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who remembers doing this, cutting the record from the back of Alphabet cereal box
297426745_10224094541006098_4455009551341139780_n.jpg

How many of you guys were lucky enough as a kid to have one of these ? Not me !!!! LOL Man I drooled over these things !!!

View attachment 230423

View attachment 230424
Holy crap! My Dad bought me the top one! I'll never forget his words..... "Now be careful, and don't do anything stupid"!! Talk about a recipe for disaster! lmao
My closest friend had this (although his seat was basically all electrical tape). He was Honda and later Chevy. I was a Yamaha freak, and later Ford. He stood no chance against my basket case 80cc 2-stroke. I swore I'd never have a 4-stroke dirt bike, they seemed like such dogs. Years later, Yamaha 500cc thumper, and then swore I'd never go back to 2-stroke. Also grew an appreciation for the old Hondas, really smooth and fun. The most fun was trying to keep things running without spending any $. I don't miss ignitions with points.

man...we had those. They were great, and trying to get that extra pump into the chamber. When it was difficult to pull the release, you knew it was going to be a good launch.

But then came........ When we had more engines than rockets (meaning all the rockets were lost or high in trees), we got creative. Estes engine without good guidance = unpredictable outcomes.

View attachment 230437
We were TRUE mad scientists for the time. My buddy and I would steal his sisters pet white Mice. And send them into orbit in our rockets. First one? Not so good. Put the poor little fellow on TOP of the chute. Hey. It was all in the name of science! lol
My closest friend had this (although his seat was basically all electrical tape). He was Honda and later Chevy. I was a Yamaha freak, and later Ford. He stood no chance against my basket case 80cc 2-stroke. I swore I'd never have a 4-stroke dirt bike, they seemed like such dogs. Years later, Yamaha 500cc thumper, and then swore I'd never go back to 2-stroke. Also grew an appreciation for the old Hondas, really smooth and fun. The most fun was trying to keep things running without spending any $. I don't miss ignitions with points.

man...we had those. They were great, and trying to get that extra pump into the chamber. When it was difficult to pull the release, you knew it was going to be a good launch.

But then came........ When we had more engines than rockets (meaning all the rockets were lost or high in trees), we got creative. Estes engine without good guidance = unpredictable outcomes.

View attachment 230437
We were TRUE mad scientists for the time. My buddy and I would steal his sisters pet white Mice. And send them into orbit in our rockets. First one? Not so good. Put the poor little fellow on TOP of the chute. Hey. It was all in the name of science! lol

How many of you got lumps on your head or broke something playing with these? 🤣 (Click Clacks)
View attachment 235703
The trick was put your arm out level, get in a rythum, and clack as fast as you can go. Surely got a few hematomas as a youngster.

Back