"You might be obsessed with RCs if....."

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put your Favorite on a Pedestal for all to see :rolleyes: ...when they first walk in the foyer, front and center.

IMG_3691.jpeg

Put your Favorite on a Pedestal for all to see :rolleyes: ...when they first walk in the foyer, front and center.

View attachment 245828
Sure is a beautiful staircase you have. 👍

That would take me quite awhile.. and cost a small fortune these days. 😉

Sure is a beautiful staircase you have. 👍

That would take me quite awhile.. and cost a small fortune these days. 😉
Its an American Foursquare built in 1900. Staircase and current layout is from the early 20's. 3 floors, 6 bedrooms. Attic above that with a full height stone cellar. Wrap-around porch. Thick paster walls. White Oak floors. High ceilings and many windows. For a Catskills house thats crazy. Fortunately this house was built and owned by 2 prominent families with streets named after them. It was later owned by a couple of Doctors and a popular Pastor in this little town. Its had some very good Caretakers over its 122 years. Not easy to own, these homes. Its a reason whey they are not grossly expensive. Like an old Mercedes. I just had a local guy here to likely replace my gas heating. Its from 1973! Its still young LOL - Its done its duty.

Some of these homes are labeled as Historic and its a nightmare with replacing or repairing anything. No less Replacement. Mines not been on their radar, maybe not quite old enough yet. But it will be one day.

This photo is from 1910.
IMG_0263.jpeg

IMG_3689.jpeg

Its an American Foursquare built in 1900. Staircase and current layout is from the early 20's. 3 floors, 6 bedrooms. Attic above that with a full height stone cellar. Wrap-around porch. Thick paster walls. White Oak floors. High ceilings and many windows. For a Catskills house thats crazy. Fortunately this house was built and owned by 2 prominent families with streets named after them. It was later owned by a couple of Doctors and a popular Pastor in this little town. Its had some very good Caretakers over its 122 years. Not easy to own, these homes. Its a reason whey they are not grossly expensive. Like an old Mercedes. I just had a local guy here to likely replace my gas heating. Its from 1973! Its still young LOL - Its done its duty.

Some of these homes are labeled as Historic and its a nightmare with replacing or repairing anything. No less Replacement. Mines not been on their radar, maybe not quite old enough yet. But it will be one day.

This photo is from 1910.
View attachment 246112

View attachment 246119

My gosh that's a Well maintained house ,for that age..
Respect.

View attachment 245828

Just looking at it in the photo, I had thought the staircase was new.

you might be OWRC's if:

while planning your wedding, you're wondering if you can put a new RC in on the registry.

also if your mom tells your new wife to NOT let your husband use the wedding gift $ on RC's.

:oops::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I think a typhon would be a great ring bearer 🤔
If you call your son deployed in the middle east just to find out what electronics he will be putting in his kraton exb you might be owrc

Last edited:
You might be OWRC if you have to eat dinner on the couch because the dinner table is covered in piles of RC parts ;)
lol! This was I first was perceived!🤣 great thread! Good stuff lol
lol! This was I first was perceived!🤣 great thread! Good stuff lol
Same here! I first realized I was “OWRC “The great kitchen table conversion …it may get taken over slowly …but it’ll get taken over lol great thread ! I have 1 .you may be “OWRC”if u count your 401k in rc cars /parts/etc.then convince yourself you’ll never sell …🤣 do we have a problem ? 🤣

Last edited:

View attachment 245828
If the first thought was that piano top is a great work bench, you might be owr! 😂

You might be a OWRC if the Arrma Forum is your Facebook
😂 yup

When your driving and think your driving inside your rc car and wonder if you can backflip this minivan with the stock tires? You might be owrc
0D8B8C81-2FC5-4A27-A371-77C91F0048A9.jpeg

You might be OWRC if every time you walk by/through your RC pit area, smell the rubber and plastic and think "Man, I wonder if I can bottle that smell" :unsure: 😂 ✌️

So I was thinking of this the other day. I'm sure everyone has heard of the comedian Jeff Foxworthy and his "You might be a redneck if....." jokes.

Well, I started thinking of "You might be obsessed with RCs (OWRC)....." jokes and thought it would make a good thread. As people think of/experience things they can add to it.

I'll start it off with my own experiences and some others I thought of....(sorry, I had a bunch of good ones!)......... 😁

If you day dream of bashing/racing at every construction site, farm field, long stretch of road, etc. that you pass while driving ......you might be OWRC

You might be OWRC if you have your own credit card called your "RC card"

If your Christmas, Father's Day and Birthday wish lists consist of all RC parts, you might be OWRC

If you dug up half your yard to build a dirt RC track and spend more time pulling weeds and watering dirt than racing, you might be OWRC

You might be OWRC if you secretly wish for your kids team to lose a tournament Saturday, so they don't play Sunday......so you can wrench on some RCs

You might be OWRC if you walk your RC instead of your dog

You might be OWRC if you take apart an old trampoline and determine you can make an RC ramp out of some of the parts

You might be OWRC if you bought your kid "their" 1st Arrma 6s for Xmas.......and your kid is 10 months old

You might be an OWRC if you take a week to run a new RTR out the box because "stock stuff sucks"

You might be a OWRC if the Arrma Forum is your Facebook

If you walk into your LHS and everyone stops and yells your name, you might be OWRC
I may or may not resemble a lot of these. Just because every minute im home and awake, im on my desktop either researching RC cars, or making multiple parts lists, build ideas, or wish lists, and the only people i talk to (i work for myself), are all somehow, in one way or another, RC conversations, does not mean im obsessed. I call it my healthy addiction (its actually my only addiction, just to clarify). I have one to add though. If you are nearly broke, and still find ways to buy RC cars and parts, you might be addicted or obsessed. As for the, bought your 6 month old one, how about, bought two for your niece before she was even born? Granted, they werent 6S, but i never buy 4S or faster/bigger stuff. They were, however Arrma's. A Granite 3S and a Senton 3S. And, i just bought myself another Senton 3S, this time a complete one. Now i have a 2WD and a 4WD Arrma (Senton and Fury), a 2WD and 4WD Traxxas Slash, 2 2WD and a 4WD HPI (Jumpshot MT and SC, and Maverick Quantum MT), and, to round out the collection, i just need a 4WD AE to go with my ProSC10.

If your wife gives the thumbs up to build a small track in the backyard... 26 loads of clay and 7k invested for the next 6 months on a half acre., you just might be obsessed with rc. True story...also both the wife and property are gone.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back