You staring my body...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man that thing is sweet, love the color combo. And this next one is shaping up to be another awesome color combo. You did a great job. Now if I can find a body to fit my senton correctly, other than the flotek body.
I thought most Slash bodies would fit? Or a body designed to fit the Slash? I don't have a Senton but I think the dimensions are similar.

It's a short course truck, most SCT bodies should fit (mount placement may be an issue).

I've started number two...?
And now number three, four and five are in the mail...?

This is getting addictive ? why has the weather over here been so nice now for two plus weeks..!! Damn you England your costing me a fortune..?

Slight side project but it goes with one of the upcoming bodies..??

I really needed some gold wheels, couldn't get any so here's a quick painting and masking job..?
Spent over an hour with a scotch brite keying these up so the paint will stick to them..??

Painted with Tamiya TS-21 and uses my masterpiece wheel spray booth tool too..??
Hobbyknox 3mm Fineline tape soft green, it's good at corners.. also used some 19mm regular tape

IMG_2047.jpeg
IMG_4982.jpeg
IMG_9208.jpeg
IMG_3890.jpeg
IMG_5787.jpeg

The masterpiece wheel spray booth tool...???
My Makita drill in a box with an old paintbrush handle in the chuck..!!! Easiest way to get all the nooks and crannies ???

Apr-05-2020 21-41-09.gif

Edit: they weren't spinning that fast when painting..?

Last edited:
Slight side project but it goes with one of the upcoming bodies..??

I really needed some gold wheels, couldn't get any so here's a quick painting and masking job..?
Spent over an hour with a scotch brite keying these up so the paint will stick to them..??

Painted with Tamiya TS-21 and uses my masterpiece wheel spray booth tool too..??
Hobbyknox 3mm Fineline tape soft green, it's good at corners.. also used some 19mm regular tape

View attachment 73364View attachment 73366View attachment 73368View attachment 73365View attachment 73367

The masterpiece wheel spray booth tool...???
My Makita drill in a box with an old paintbrush handle in the chuck..!!! Easiest way to get all the nooks and crannies ???

View attachment 73363

Edit: they weren't spinning that fast when painting..?
Can you make a jig to spin my Jeep when I spray the headlights ?????

Well I'm back, 4 months later..???

Time to post up some of the bodies I completed during lockdown..??
Less reading this time as a body is a body, same principle for most..?

Paint used is Tamiya PS-5 Black, PS-16 Metallic Blue, PS-41 Bright Silver, PS-31 Smoke, PS-55 Flat Clear

Started to mark out some key points..

IMG_5691.jpeg

Liquid mask and normal masking tape..??
DeltaPlastik bodies have some of the worse decals I've ever seen or used ( I didn't use mine except for the lights )
I won't ever be doing this amount of masking ever again..???

IMG_5700.jpeg

That's the blue done..??

IMG_5751.jpeg

Now onto the 1st backing color, bright silver..?

IMG_5746.jpeg

Time to remove some of the tape, leaving the liquid mask in place..?

IMG_5754.jpeg
IMG_5755.jpeg
IMG_5757.jpeg

Lastly onto the final backing of black..?

IMG_5762.jpeg
IMG_5768.jpeg

Removed the liquid mask and smoked the windows..? had to mask the front screen again..
Black and then flat clear on the outside to highlight the vents and front grills..

IMG_5802.jpeg

All done ?
My homage to the great Colin McRae the finest Subara rally driver of all time..??

IMG_5840.jpeg

IMG_5844.jpeg
IMG_7399.jpeg
IMG_7411.jpeg

Last edited:
Infraction, this time..?

Thought I'd have a try at marbling..?

Paint used PS-5 Black, PS-41Bright Silver , PS-40 Translucent Pink, PS-55 Flat Clear
Masked off the bed on the inside so I could paint black later, cut out the bed protective film then did the outside with flat clear...

IMG_6497.jpeg
IMG_6498.jpeg

I used the "put a plastic bag on your hand method and spray the paint on that" then dabble it onto the car..?

IMG_6511.jpeg

So, I did pink then silver then another pink and then silver again..?

IMG_6513.jpeg

Bed masking removed, ready for the final backing of black..
I wasn't liking what it looked like at this stage..? but I continued anyway..

IMG_6516.jpeg

There goes the black coat ( this body is big and it used so much paint, 7 tins in total if I remember correctly..!! )

IMG_6520.jpeg

After the protective film was removed and roll bar was fitted..? now I'm liking it "a lot"...
I just wish you could all see it in the flesh as it's much more marbley and bright than these photo's do it justice..?

IMG_6585.jpeg

One lesson I learned was, I wish I'd done all the cutting first on the rear end before I'd painted it..?

IMG_6588.jpeg
IMG_6594.jpeg
IMG_7103.jpeg

Last edited:
Man, you're good at this, very good execution and nicely illustrated! ?

This one's cheating because it's not an Arrma ? it is a Horizon Hobbies product though..? I'll try keep this one real short..

Paint this time... Tamiya PS-55 Flat Clear, PS-31 Smoke, PS-53 Lame Flake, PS-37 Translucent Red, PS-13 Gold....

Masked inside roof and one thin coat of lame flake.. ( should be called mega flake because it's certainly not lame..?? )

IMG_5875.jpeg

Next translucent red...?

IMG_5880.jpeg
IMG_5884.jpeg

Then 2 coats of gold, normally you would back the translucent colors with bright silver but I wanted to try something different ?

IMG_5889.jpeg

The gold made the red very deep in color with a sort of orangey hue..?

IMG_5890.jpeg

You can sort of see the flake here ? in direct sunlight it's amazing looking..?

IMG_5892.jpeg

Lastly backed the whole thing with black, that's when the magic happened..?

IMG_5897.jpeg
IMG_5900.jpeg

As before, cut and peel the protective film on the roof and then apply flat clear..!!
All the panel gaps painted with a matt paint pen..? ( painted by Mrs BashingBrian..!! fine details are not my strong point, old eyes ??? )

IMG_5979.jpeg

Interior, again painted by Mrs BashingBrian..!! and my minion x wild willy driver.. ???

IMG_6117.jpeg

All done..??

IMG_6152.jpeg

( I was keeping real busy during lockdown ? )

Finally got round to finishing this one..??
Only 2 colors this time.. Tamiya PS-57, PS-5

IMG_5664.jpeg

First of two coats of base color..

IMG_5665.jpeg

Second coat..??

IMG_5667.jpeg

Onto the black backing coat..

IMG_5688.jpeg

Finished, just need to remove the protective film..?

IMG_7528.jpeg

Added a small carbon fiber side panel ?

IMG_7529.jpeg
IMG_7533.jpeg

Less is more on the decals, it changes color so much in the sun it's awesome..?

IMG_7555.jpeg
IMG_7572.jpeg
IMG_7575.jpeg

So there you have it, all done for now..!!

I've 2 bodies left, so stay tuned..???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back