You staring my body...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tenor (1).gif

Stop it! You're gonna make me veer off my "just slap some paint on it, you'll wreck it anyway" path!

If you paint the inside of the body in something like satin will it still have that gloss look or will it look solid?

No matter what type of paint, if it's on the inside the outside will always be gloss..??

Hey Brian, I was wondering. Do you by any chance have either a 6s Kraton or any size out cast bodys?

Sorry no..

Holy thread resurrection Batman..!!

Thought I'd update this thread with some more of my bodies I've done (y) So here goes, in no particular order..

Corally Kronos XTR, paint used was Core CR627 True Chrome backed with CR606 Jet Black

IMG_0022.jpeg
IMG_0024.jpeg
IMG_0401.jpeg

Proline VW body painted with Tamiya PS-32 Corsa Grey backed with PS-1 White, PS-44 Translucent Green windows

IMG_0521.jpeg
IMG_0526.jpeg
IMG_0634.jpeg

Arrma O8s body painted with Tamiya PS-3 Light Blue and backed with PS-1 White, this was originally to be blue to go with the supplied white decals, but once I got the body Arrma made a running change and it was supplied with wood or dark grey decals..!! It ruined my plan but I'd already bought the paint, so it stayed blue.

IMG_7987.jpeg
IMG_7999.jpeg

Drywall taped and reinforced with CT1 ( like shoo goo but readily available in the UK )

IMG_8087.jpeg
IMG_8174.jpeg

This didn't come out as I wanted, I feel it looks very plasticky and not a color I would use again...

IMG_8565.jpg

Arrma Talion, this one I wanted to create a metallic copper look..!!
It went totally wrong but it came out ok in the end as it ended up sort of like flip copper silver.
Tamiya PS-36 Translucent Silver mist coat first ( this is where I went wrong, I put too many coats on as it's very clear and hard to see )
Then the PS-14 Copper ( this is a really nice color on its own..!! ) backed with PS-5 Black

IMG_9734.jpeg
IMG_9735.jpeg

Here you can see how wrong it went, but at the same time looks pretty cool..

IMG_9736.jpeg
IMG_9991.jpeg

Last edited:
Continued...

Typhon again this time in its Drag spec..

Proline C10, first was a layer of Tamiya PS-53 Lame Flake next was Core RC paint CR617 Neon Pink, this paint I would never use again it was so thin and struggled to cover the shell, I used the whole tin and it was really patchy and truly awful looking, so I wasn't prepared to back it with white which was my original plan..!!

IMG_0351.jpeg
IMG_0362.jpeg

So in my madness I decided to back it with Tamiya PS-3 Light Blue as I had a spare can leftover from the Outcast, this came out quite weird to be honest as it now looks like a sort of semi bright pink pearl blue..!!
2nd pic down you can still see how patchy it was...

IMG_0365.jpeg
IMG_0364.jpeg

The Lame Flake doesn't show in the pictures very well but trust me it pops in the sun ( you can see it in the rear wing though )

IMG_0450.jpeg

Outcast EXBB 6s, this is painted with non lexan paint, Tamiya TS-46 Light Sand this has no backing color inside, once I removed the outer film it was then painted with Tamiya PS-55 Flat Clear on the outside making it matt finish..!!
( I was told about a trick where you can use the TS paints on lexan if you first use PS-55 as an undercoat, so far so good 👍 )

IMG_1236.jpeg
IMG_1235.jpeg
IMG_1267.jpeg

Always wanted to do a clear rear bed and this was the truck to do it on..!!

IMG_1293.jpeg
IMG_1364.jpeg
IMG_1458.jpeg

Typhon drag again, C10 body was too flexible so I tried this Proline pre-cut for the Kraton ( Dogde Ram Rebel )
Tamiya PS-14 Copper backed with PS-41 Bright silver, this color is so nice and one of my favourites !!

IMG_0394.jpeg
IMG_0514.jpeg

It needed something doing with the windows but I didn't want the usual smoke so I used some colored vinyl that is just stuck on the inside, looks ok I think..

IMG_0583.jpeg

One from the archives :cool:
This one I did ages ago when I first got some liquid mask and wanted to try something crazy, so I thought how about a neon pink tiger..!!
Can't remember the exact colors other than I know they were all Tamiya colors, my guess would be PS-1, PS-5 and PS-29

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_328c.jpeg

Amazing, inspiring, high quality…you sir are a magician with the rattle can!
gerry anderson graffiti GIF

I was going to share a couple of bodies I did this week, but, hhhmmm nah I bow down.

Here's a few more since last year, in no particular order... :cool:

Tamiya PS-23 Gun Metal over PS-53 Lame Flake backed with PS-5 Black, this also has PS-42 windows and matching mesh venting..

IMG_4319.jpeg
IMG_4322.jpeg

The mesh is first painted silver then PS-42 to match the windows..(y)

IMG_4350.jpeg

The mesh being held in place... 🙄 Then shoe goo'd in.

IMG_4171.jpeg

Barbie's ride :cool::ROFLMAO: This is just painted on the outside with pink rustoleum paint..!! (quick and cheap and very bright :cool::cool::cool:)

IMG_6858.jpeg

IMG_6862.jpeg
IMG_6871.jpeg
IMG_6886.jpeg

Next up, Tamiya PS-19 Camel yellow with PS-53 Lame Flake, PS-23 Gun Metal inner panels then all backed with PS-1 White

IMG_2871.jpeg
IMG_2879.jpeg

It's so hard to get this flake to show in photos, but trust me it pops in the sunlight..!!

IMG_2904.jpeg

On a funny note, I've no idea how Tamiya can call this yellow when it's basically ORANGE..!!:ROFLMAO:

IMG_3318.jpeg
IMG_3344.jpeg

And more.....

My Ukraine tribute, PS-41 Bright Silver painted on the outside then half n' half PS-42 Clear Yellow, PS-16 Metallic Blue (Scooby)

IMG_3422.jpeg
IMG_3538.jpeg

I wanted to do an army themed Talion but the stencils I had bought weren't very good so it just ended up matt green TS-5 or TS-28 Oliver Drab I can't remember which one I used. Painted on the outside first with PS-55 Flat Clear then the Green TS paint. I use the PS-55 so the TS paints stick and stay put, backed inside with PS-41 Bright Silver so when it scratches it will show through like the "real steal" Notorious..!!

IMG_3596.jpeg
IMG_3646.jpeg

You've seen this one before,
The paint started to flake off in places (no idea why, I always scuff and prepare bodies correctly) anyway thought I'd just retro rust it up so I just hit the inside with Rustoleum Red Oxide primer.... cheap fix ;)

IMG_3962 2.jpeg
IMG_3967 2.jpeg
IMG_3969 2.jpeg

The next day...:ROFLMAO::cool:

IMG_5232.jpeg

Very cool stuff! I’m down to doing the bodies now to finish 3 builds. Hopefully my schedule cooperates soon. I love painting bodies, it’s definitely some of the most fun I have with the builds.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back