Your daily drivers; cars, trucks, other vehicles, memory lane & current rides all real.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMballistic

ROSSA ~ Officially fast.
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
I did a search but couldn't find a thread like this so hopefully it's a fresh idea. :) Mods/Admin feel free to move or delete if it's a duplicate.

**Basically post your real cars, trucks, vans and other vehicles here; new and old, daily driver or race, fast or slow, ...if you like it and want to share it that's all good.**

My current daily driver is a BMW M135i which is a 3Ltr straight six single turbo using a ZF 8 speed gearbox putting out around 320Bhp as standard. Done a few mods to it most recently some new Bola B1 alloys. Great little car and with a 0-60mph time of around 4.5-4.9 seconds it's no slouch.
47.jpg

Have had lots of other performance cars over two decades with some of my favourites being a JDM Subaru Impreza WRX, VW Golf VR6, Honda Type R (EP3), Audi S3 and a Nissan 350Z GT that I supercharged.

Here's my old Nissan 350Z below which was supercharged with a Vortech unit and produced 436Bhp. Great car and sorely missed at times.

10.jpg

11.jpg

quarry 350z 1_zpsrydtpaw2 - Copy_zpsnycyqmky.jpg

Look forward to seeing some of your rides everyone especially as we're all from different countries. Particularly love the American muscle cars like the Cuda and RT so hoping to see some examples of those. (y)

I actually hate cars and driving now. Having gone from my first car a 1.0l citroen ax petrol, then a peugeot 306 diesel, fiat bravo 1.6l petrol, all well kept and slight mods.I mangled the bravo against a wall.
I went to a subaru sti with crazy mods and upgrades, beautiful fast car, but the car was a nightmare. awful to drive and run, what it cost to run and maintain I could have bought a nice modest everyday car. I sold it and took a loss after it put another piston out.
I then got a brand new seat leon high spec diesel. Sadly it had to go too soon as funds were low around the time.
Currently on a 12 year old toyota avensis diesel , 160k miles on the clock. no real faults outside of usual maintenance, going onto my 3rd year of ownership.
I lost my love of cars and driving due to the daily commute and the heartache with faults, cost to run and maintain and deprecation. They are to me now what they were designed for, a means of transport to get from one point to another.

Never really had anything real spectacular. I had a ‘91 300ZX NA that I loved. Had a 1997 F250 HD Extended Cab 4x4 with 351 and limited slips, captains chairs, BFG’s....I LOVED that truck, sold it off to buy a Nissan Pickup, 4cyl, 5spd 4x4 ext cab. Put a 3” suspension lift on it and sold it....miss that one too. Now I drive a ‘09 Acura TL which I really like, the owner before me took really good care of it and kept up with all the maintenance. Not just oil changes but timing belt/water pump, transmission fluid etc.

Best sounding car I ever had was my 2000 Mustang GT with full exhaust (long tube headers that would scape the ground) and a Vortech supercharger. I squeezed 400 rwhp out of the 2V 4.6.

Currently a 2012 Chrysler 300C with 5.7L RWD. Just paid it off a couple weeks ago, got it used with 27K on it.
2017-0307-2013Chrysler300CFrontRight02.jpg

It's given me a few headaches... but I do enjoy the "go button". I just had new brakes/rotors/tires put on it and there's a shake/shimmy that cannot be balanced out... will revisit that in the spring. Also had the trans oil pan rust a hole in it about the size of a golf ball right before Christmas. No clue why. Luckily, the trans seems ok still.

I have had quite a few cars. My commute for 16 years was about 25K a year, typically by the time I paid a car off, I was over 100K, would give it to my wife and get another one. So any car I bought would have to make it to 120K or more and 8 years of use.

I preface this list with the knowledge that I grew up in the country with farm kids that treated cars like UTV's. So... I did the same...
- high school
78 Chevy Chevette - crashed - ever see dukes of hazzard? My dad wasn't impressed with the distance... or altitude.
82 Chevy Chevette - crashed - don't drive 70mph on gravel roads you don't know at 1am.
85 Mercury Capri - had, then dad took it after I crashed his Chevette
89 Hyundai Accent Sedan - crashed - if there's a rattling noise that's irritating you, pull over and stop to find it.

- college
89 Hyundai Accent Hatchback - crashed - got run off the road in this one on the expressway the first spring at my job after college. Hit a k-rail doing 75mph.

- after college at my current job since 1997
93 Dodge Intrepid - transmission exploded, $4k to fix, rolled payments over to
96 ford contour - had it for 5 years due to previous car
97 Olds LSS - got in 2000 a few weeks before I got married
89 Mercury Grand Marquis (MGM) - got it cheap from a friend in 2003 due to blowing head gasket/engine in the LSS, needed something while it was in the shop
98 MGM - One of my favorite cars.
06 MGM
07 MGM
12 Chrysler 300C

97 LSS (not mine, can't find any photos):
2004-0307-1997OldsLSS-notMine.jpg

98 MGM:
2004-0307-1998GMarquisDriver.JPG

06 (white) and 07 (grey) MGM:
2011-0814-2006-and-2007-MGM.jpg

300C:
2015-0318-Chrysler300C-Front03.jpg

My favorite cars over the years are Jeep Cherokee XJs. Man I wish they still made those things, I love how they look and perform. The 4L V6 is about as close to indestructible as you can get. The last one I had was a few years ago, a beautiful low mileage machine I was lucky enough to find . . . rear-ended and destroyed by a young driver not paying attention. I was pissed.

The original SUV!

I went to a subaru sti with crazy mods and upgrades, beautiful fast car, but the car was a nightmare. awful to drive and run, what it cost to run and maintain I could have bought a nice modest everyday car. I sold it and took a loss after it put another piston out.

I lost my love of cars and driving due to the daily commute and the heartache with faults, cost to run and maintain and deprecation.
Are you UK based as well?, ...just wondered going from your list of cars. ;)

My Subaru Impreza ownership was a bl**dy nightmare as well. Imported model from Japan and the engine went bang within the first month of owning it due to oil starvation because the oil pump failed causing the big end to go.
I spent a lot have the motor rebuilt (£4.5K+) and over the next 2 years odd sank even more money into it replacing various sensors as well as diff & gearbox rebuilds. Then after only 12K miles on the new motor it shafted a conrod through the side of the block destroying engine number 2!! Sold it at a massive loss but was just glad to see the back of it by then.

My96 JDM Impreza WRX.jpg

@bicketybam Loving the Corvette Z06. Perfect recipe for fun of RWD, fairly lightweight and stonking great engine. :cool:
My 350Z below.

Anyone that likes to see what mayhem can be put upon a "corvette", check out Cleetus McFarland channel on youtube. Just don't expect it to be pretty! LOL! Well, some of the billet stuff is really nice. ;)

Never had the $ to get into 1:1 stuff much. Guess I should have bought a house to have a garage to have something to wipe down with a cloth baby diaper... meh.

I used to own an 88 foxbody GT, but I sold it to keep my house. I plan to buy a mercury marauder when I get back on my feet. Here's my favorite picture, beware it was taken a little while ago when I lived in detroit, on my Motorola phone!
IMG_2585.JPG

Small mods were done. Pullies were replaced, I put in an off-road H pipe and flow masters after cutting out the cats, intake manifold and knn intake, and that's about it.

Last edited:
In order, pre-marriage, 88 Mercury Topaz (new, first car, don't laugh), 85 Cutlass Calais (used), 88 Honda Prelude (used, written off by a friend, pic from google), 92 Integra Rs (used, hands down best purchase ever, pic from google), 96 Camaro Z28 (new, bought during a breakup with my now wife). After wedding is a cornucopia of Civics, a Dodge minivan, a Nissan Altima, a Volvo 850 GLT, and 85 Civic (tuned) Currently driving a 2017 Hyundai Elantra Limited and the wife drives a 2102 Subaru Forester. Had a 2017 Mazda 3 Gt (cops liked it too much) for a year before the Hyundai. Typical suburban kid line up, nothing historic. The Cutlass was a looker in it's day and growled like an angry bear. The Camaro was a beast, and helped in the "getting over the ex" phase. The Integra hung around for about 7 years, cost nearly nothing to maintain, and still fetched a pretty penny when I sold it. Want to find and restore a 69 Camaro, but my lottery numbers never seem to come up. Still hoping.......

Attachments

• 20190205_000205[1].jpg
    20190205_000205[1].jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 88 prelude.jpg
    88 prelude.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 92 Integra RS.jpg
    92 Integra RS.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 20170630_165525 - Copy.jpg
    20170630_165525 - Copy.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG-20180805-WA0006 - Copy.jpg
    IMG-20180805-WA0006 - Copy.jpg
    514.2 KB · Views: 40
  • mazda3_hatch_sp25gt_41w_jet-black-mica_front-3-4.png
    mazda3_hatch_sp25gt_41w_jet-black-mica_front-3-4.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 50
In order, pre-marriage, 88 Mercury Topaz (new, first car, don't laugh), ...
See this is the sort of insight that I love.
I mean I don't know how old you were when you had that car as your first car but I'm guessing fairly young, what 16-17 years old?

Googling that car tells me that it had a 2.3Ltr inline 4, ...is that what yours had? That's a decent size engine at least if so.

My first car when I was 17 years old was a 1988 MK1 Nissan Micra GSX which had a 998cc engine!
Yep that's correct not even a full 1 Ltr, plus it only had 4 forward gears. :ROFLMAO: Now that's a car worth laughing at. Looked like this below...

I mean I don't know how old you were when you had that car as your first car but I'm guessing fairly young, what 16-17 years old?

Googling that car tells me that it had a 2.3Ltr inline 4, ...is that what yours had? That's a decent size engine at least if so.

My first car when I was 17 years old was a 1988 MK1 Nissan Micra GSX which had a 998cc engine!
Yep that's correct not even a full 1 Ltr, plus it only had 4 forward gears. :ROFLMAO: Now that's a car worth laughing at. Looked like this below...
View attachment 29129
Smaller than 1L is common still to this day in Europe and the UK. All my Italian relatives drive small displacement cars, and the one's who don't, are driving diesel or propane powered motors. I bought that first car when I was 18, against the wishes of my parents, and everyone else who knew me. It was a 2.3L I4, 5 speed. I drove it like a race car, reaching it's 160 kmh limiter on many an occasion. (brought it to the dealer thinking there was a warranty issue and they all just looked at me strangely:unsure:). It was also the car that taught me what I know about automotive mechanics, as I could not afford to pay for many of the repairs it needed. I got a part time job at a garage and learned to do my own brakes, change oil, remove and replace tires, replaced a clutch, install/remove stereo systems:), and a host of other things. So, in the grand scheme, it was a perfect teaching tool. And to answer the big question, I will be turning the big 5-0 this year!

View attachment 29129
To be fair almost every car before 2005 had a 4 speed automatic along with the common 5 speed manual, but holy crap does that thing even hit 60?

Smaller than 1L is common still to this day in Europe and the UK.
...And to answer the big question, I will be turning the big 5-0 this year!
Yes we have a lot of poxy little 1 Litre cars and 1.1, 1.2, 1.4 etc etc. I say poxy but some of them are fairly nippy for what they are nowadays tbf.
It's mainly due to car insurance costs here in the UK that means that most of us end up having smaller engined cars as first cars.

I've always been into cars though so always tried to get one better and faster than the last whenever I've changed car.

Hope you have a great Birthday btw, ...I've got the big 4-0 this year so am planning on doing something memorable. I'd like to do a 20 year old blonde girl but my Mrs won't let me so I guess I'll settle for doing something else, like a day out or something. :D

...but holy crap does that thing even hit 60?
:LOL:
It could hit 60mph but it just took a really, really long time to get there.
Best I had out of it was over 100mph which was "off the clock" going down hill with the wind behind us but that was after I changed the gearbox in it for a 5 speed manual because I destroyed the 4 speed.

Gifted this to myself on my 40th. It's my one and only. My boys names and a play on my last name. Hmmmmm, turning 50 this year, maybe time for another.... Nope!

Attachments

• 10398468_76905215954_1054795_n.jpg
    10398468_76905215954_1054795_n.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 39
Very nice idea @Notorious J and your tattoo looks good. Not too OTT. ;)
I've already got one tattoo which I got when I was 17 so I doubt I'll ever get another.

I'm thinking of doing some sort of car racing experience day for my "big" Birthday this year, ...maybe some drifting tuition or driving a super car like a Lambourghini or McLaren maybe. Got some great racing circuits here around the UK that do that sort of thing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back