Your daily drivers; cars, trucks, other vehicles, memory lane & current rides all real.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres a rare old Ford truck I bet noone knows anything about..bought it for 300$been sitting 13yrs.got the 460bb running than lost interest, got into rcz.lol..all in all 79 f350 in decent shape for a dentside Ford.
Maybe start a build thread this summer get it street worthy an do a big 460 burnout.anybody think they now whats so rare about this old ford??????????

View attachment 122661

View attachment 122662
https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-p...er-specials-are-rare-unusual-and-still-cheap/

Screenshot_20210127-060835_Chrome.jpg

My daily driver is a Seat Leon 1.2 TSI (2015). Nothing special but does its job to commute to work and some trips.

Had in the past a Nissan Primera 2.0 SLX (1992), later on a Seat Leon 1.9 TSI (2008). Also I often drive my father's Subaru Outback 3.0R (2005).

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-27 at 14.06.23.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-27 at 14.03.54.jpeg

Thread revival?

My Toyota Avensis had to go in May 2019, a real shame as it had all current maintenance and consumables redone. Kept going into limp mode and visited two different mechanics who couldn't sort it. I heard later it could have been a fuel pump sensor or valve issue but I wasn't going to put anymore money into it. Sold it at a very low price, if the person I sold it to knew the fix they would have had two years free driving. I was sad when that car left.

On the plus side I took the plunge and purchased a 2011 Audi A6 , great driving car. Due to work in the first year it only did about 5k miles and only about 7k in 2020. No issues so far coming up to two years ownership apart from routine maintenance. The car is getting old now and the tech shows this. I plan to get another 2 years if all's good. Too big for me now.

Next car will be a smaller petrol or hybrid with an automatic gearbox. Around a 2018/19 model. We will see.
Buy a crown vic 😎

Heres a rare old Ford truck I bet noone knows anything about..bought it for 300$been sitting 13yrs.got the 460bb running than lost interest, got into rcz.lol..all in all 79 f350 in decent shape for a dentside Ford.
Maybe start a build thread this summer get it street worthy an do a big 460 burnout.anybody think they now whats so rare about this old ford??????????
Cool

I spent years looking for a 1976 1/2 Ford F-250 4x4 with the 390, never found one worth purchasing and moved on :(

It's my daily. Ls3 build
06 powerstroke truck I just rebuilt for us. It's a nice ride.

Attachments

• IMG_20201227_164956_515.jpg
    IMG_20201227_164956_515.jpg
    578 KB · Views: 24
My vehicle log: (* when generic picture)

*Opel Corsa 1.3N:
Opel.JPG

*Peugeot 405 SR (i briefly had a newer SRi but blew the engine quickly)
405.JPG

*BMW 518i (E34) ran on LPG
bmw E34.JPG

VW buggy (Still have it in storage, one day...)
buggy.JPG

BMW 530D (E39) My first fast car
bmw E39.JPG

2 Adly 300cc quads
quad.JPG
quad 2.JPG

Renault megane dCi 1.5 estate (My first company lease and the worst car ever)
1611775134803.png

*Triumph Street Triple 675:
triumph.JPG

Audi A3 e-tron (company lease and sharing being nr1 favorite with the E39)
Capture.JPG

*Volvo XC40 (current company lease and my symbol of becoming an old man)
volvo.JPG

That would be a cool project. I've no idea about trucks, being from the UK we don't really get to access them , so can't tell you what makes it rare.

Would these be the Mk2 corolla twin cam ? I'm not sure in the states but in the UK and Europe they are demanding a hefty price the more the years go by.
Back in 1999/2000 I could have picked up a twin cam for £900-1000 . Any good condition model now is upwards from £15k .
Skylines are even more appreciating. I guess it was having the nerve and capital to take the plunge at the time, and of course needing storage. But would have been a good return of investment.

No, this generation of Supra was based on the Celica, as was the first generation Supra. The third and fourth generation were their own product line, as the Celica had gone to front wheel drive. Toyota stretched the car about 6" in front of the windshield so they had room for the 5M-GE inline six cylinder engine (DOHC, EFI, electronic ignition), and also gave it a semi trailing arm rear suspension, and rear disc brakes.

There aren't many left in the UK. One of the forums I'm on (www.celicasupra.com) has a few members in the UK, and a few in EU. Japanese rust proofing wasn't very good in the 1980's, and these cars would dissolve before you're eyes if you didn't take extremely good care of them.
I drive a ton of these during a stint working at a Toyota dealership. They were awesome then and yours looks pretty amazing being 35 years old. Brings back awesome memories.
Thanks! I have people ask me all the time "WHAT is it?", followed by "Toyota made THAT?". I looked at 9 or 10 cars before I decided on this one. The others either had huge rust holes in them, the interiors were trashed, the engine knocked, or "all of the above". These were "$1000 cars" for quite a few years, and got treated as such.

View attachment 122661

View attachment 122662
To me, all older Big Blocks are rare but im guessing its a Super Camper F250 thats really a F350?
I once helped my step father drop an Olds 455BB in a 1980 Trans Am. fiddlesticker twisted the chassis literally!

07’ f150. Tuned, intake, shorty headers, cat back exhaust, modded cats, high spark coils, 2” level, 20”rims 33/11/20 tires 1.5” helpers 4.10s 300,000 miles, stereo system ... bought it when I was almost 23 with .4 miles on it and am now 37. Time for an upgrade...2015 Polaris sportsman 1000xp for yard work and hunting ... 30 year old top heavy wife with a career and great mothering skills...

6BBC29EF-A39A-4B05-9289-18996B8942F9.jpeg

C66253C8-7BA1-463E-ADC2-8489AA38F523.jpeg

27836709-CD0B-4386-A0B0-F2306F574A49.jpeg

To me, all older Big Blocks are rare but im guessing its a Super Camper F250 thats really a F350?
I once helped my step father drop an Olds 455BB in a 1980 Trans Am. fiddlesticker twisted the chassis literally!
Yes its a 79 f350 camper special.ford made over 1million trucks in 79, 3700 CS.not many left.its got a door on side of bed for spare tire goes.rear axle is slid back 8inchs to accommodate the old bed-slide in campers making no room for spare under bed.heavy-duty-everything.look closely at the bed an you can tell the rear axle is pushed to rear.ive seen rusty CS beds going for over 1000$.the beds only fit on theses trucks

Screenshot_20181210-173325_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210127-223237_Photos.jpg

That, if fixed up right, is worth nice money to the right Ford enthusiasts. Personally I dislike Fords. Been a GMC line fan since day 1 thanks to my family. But the only reason I know about that one is there was one during an Autofest promo. Saw a crowd gathered around one that was fully restored. I was thinking it was just a run of the mill 70s/early 80s Ford, until another spectator told us the story.

How do you like the ram? I’m doing some truck shopping and going for a test drive this weekend on a big horn crew with the long bed
It’s a good truck honestly. I’ve enjoyed it so far. Hauls what I need it to Lots of storage inside like under the rear seats, the deep cargo boxes in the rear floor. The center front console is big! The Hemi is classic good power and performance and they refined the exhaust note on the truck so it sounds great when you get on it but quiet on the highway. The biggest improvements from my 2012 is the interior is completely different and better, seats much better head rest adjust etc. And that 8 speed transmission is awesome. Quick acceleration and always seems to pick the right gears up hill etc. And its butter smooth. You’ll like it. This is the Sport model I think you can only get that in Canada but it’s similar to models in the USA I believe that can be optioned. The only complaint is with the cowl sport hood, when it snows the snow gets falls down into the hvac intake vents by the windshield and blocks flow so you get heat in the cab but no air flow to blow it out the vents. Haha. I’ve had Dodge look at it and they said it’s kind of a design flaw but they are installing a mesh type screen in there for me so it can’t fall threw and down. we get a lot of snow here in winter. O I should mention the locking rear axle in 2 or 4wd is awdome too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back