Limitless Your fastest crash post.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badmofreaker

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I figured we have a post for speed, why not one for your fastest crash just for fun. Today,the car went off the road at 165 and landed about 200 ft away, what's yours.

Screenshot_20220611-103341_GNSS PA.jpg

Here you go, mostly front and back, body ruined and looks like aluminum piece on back of chassis is bent a little, it buckled my top brace

View attachment 222947

View attachment 222948

View attachment 222949
Yeah I found that out the hard way too...aluminum center braces are weak. But to be fair, for a 165mph wreck you did pretty well. Jon Lewis' and Tony Ingalls' whips looked a lot worse after 144mph wrecks (though they did hit immovable objects which it would appear you managed to avoid).

Yeah I found that out the hard way too...aluminum center braces are weak. But to be fair, for a 165mph wreck you did pretty well. Jon Lewis' and Tony Ingalls' whips looked a lot worse after 144mph wrecks (though they did hit immovable objects which it would appear you managed to avoid).
There is more damage, but not as bad as it could have been, I've destroyed cars at a slower mph to,but learned to build them strong and this scorched chassis can take a beating. Still don't know what caused it, just went left all of a sudden. I had a lot of road left to finish yet.

I got fairly lucky. Body is all glued and fixed. Just need to remake the wings soon
That's cool, after $300 and 7hrs later my car was fixed up. I went out the next day and redeemed myself. I made 3 shorter passes on one charge 10 min apart on each, 1st was 165,2nd was 164 and 3rd was 169

Screenshot_20220612-122643_GNSS PA.jpg

Screenshot_20220612-124239_GNSS PA.jpg

Screenshot_20220612-130244_GNSS PA.jpg

I don't have anything exceptionally fast for crashes, but have had a few that I'll share.

My first serious speed run car was a Slash 4x4. I hit a metal real-estate sign at 67 mph. I ripped an arm, axle, shock tower, body, and front diff housing plastics were trashed.

1655262388493.png

Hit a road reflector at 90 mph with a Typhon 6s that sent it 1/8 mile of cartwheels. I really which I had it on video because it just seemed to never slow down. It must have been 40+ cartwheels! Trashed all 4 wheels/tires of course and snapped the rear hub and lost the axle.

Crash 2Capture.JPG

crash 3Capture.JPG

I later crashed a different Typhon 6s with a custom streamliner body that almost made me rage quit the hobby around 105 mph. Hard lesson learned that foams need lots of downforce.

I bounced it off a curb at 75 MPH once. It mostly took some material off the rear diffuser and popped out the bottom of rear wing support. However, the worse one was after my peak speed I was slowing down and clipped a road turtle. It popped off almost all the areo stuff.

The Limitless has a few design issues with the rigidity of the aero bits and I have some cheap fixes that I will post in my build log later.

I crashed my typhon at 83mph into an immovable highway plow blade that was off the side of the road I run on at the end of my big end, but I was screw-in araound in the wrong area and destroyed the front end 100% frame bent, diff in pieces, shocks broken, drive shafts bent into L’s no pics was toooo upset and wanted to tear it down to access damage but it had only been run a few times when it happened
edit found a picture of what’s left of the front end
E70E575D-63E4-402B-A2A6-F55842AE006D.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back