Kraton Your fastest Kraton? Post speed and upgrades.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
went out and maybe not the best weather for a speedrun but
anyways 19t pinion, src roadcrusher, stock electronics and locked centerdiff

Kraton is not for speed, leave that to Talion or Typhoon. I'm buying a Poseidon 2200KV motor and the guy said he clocked a Typhoon at 81mph with 21T pinion on that motor.

Talion is the same exact thing, but without the big tire and big body drag. You'll definitely have to change those things. I'm pretty sure stock (garbage) electronics would burn up long before gearing would get you to 100mph. It's physics.

Kratons second outing. Not the fastest ever pass but a fun start.

Stock electronics, 17t, SRC Terrain Crushers, pair of SMC 5600 3s packs, 25.0v 59.0mph

I had attempted to video the first run with multiple motor swaps but I screwed up pushing the wrong buttons on my replay camera. Instead of starting and stopping the video I was turning the camera on and off. Whoops.

I know the rule, pics or it didn't happen but here's the data anyway:

Bone stock kraton, pair of SMC 5600 3s packs, 24.6v 50.9mph

Swapped in Leopard 4092 1730k, 24.2v 41.2mph

Swapped in Leopard 4282 2000k and 14t pinion, 23.8v 51.8mph

Same motor, swapped SRC Terrain Crushers, 23.2v 44.7mph

If it's speed you're chasing, then go up to a 2200KV motor, and some road tires, skinny would be better, less drag. You'll also have to gear up for those smaller diameter tires, as your last data shows.

5th scale foams and adapters- solder a cap pack on and gear up to a 30/36 and give it a try

4s, 14t pinion, 80% throttle:
IMG_2281.JPG
I was a bit "chicken" ´cause of my mobile.... ;-)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back