Infraction Your onion about this infraction!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the charger and lipos should have been tossed in for the $600. Firm. Smart lipos and Chargers are not all that. I know they cost a bundle. Just far from the good stuff at half the price. For the price he paid, OP has no 2 year warranty on the rig or lipos and charger, that's all.
Kind of like Used cars these days. The prices are almost as high as New ones being in short supply.
A used car worth $2k 2 years ago, is worth $6k now. Ludicrous. Not the time to buy any cars now. Let the bubble burst before you do this.
I get strangers offering money for my 16 yo Toyota SUV. It does look fairly new at that. Low miles.
OP should have purchased a new Infr out the box.:rolleyes: Warranty alone can be priceless. At least for 2 years. HH factors in the warranty in their price no doubt. Well worth it however.
Just me.(y)

Welcome to the Speed Club!

Getting a infraction off a friend, long story short cars brand new has taken one solid hit, also in reality only has about 4 straight real driving hours in it, and a few minor things that I already replaced for him, the truck is running again but when the trim is perfectly up and down the truck Cuts hard right. I have not messed with it much but I think he got sick of it and sold it to me tonight. He said $600 at first(wee haggled cuz i new what else i was going to tell to thrown in deal being his only arrma!!!!) and then we finalize the deal at $700. The package will include the truck itself everything that came in the box so controller stickers blah blah blah. Also a s2100 smart charger one 6s smart battery 100mAh believe 4 or 6 - 3S g2 smart batteries and maybe a set of tires, batteries all brand new OR about 3 weeks old so far. Not a bad deal imo. Really wanted a new pew pews thats been calling my but this is kind of hard to pass and kinda of cheaper to.LMFAO..... whats yall thought?? Pretty good deal?!?

View attachment 217448

That's a good deal as long as you are satisfied with the vehicle and included accessories!
There's nothing on the rig that's Not replaceable so whatever is the issue with the steering you can get it back to 100% with minimum costs in parts. 👍

Take a peek at JennyRC ,they're a great source for replacement parts.

Sir, those are some big onions.. What's your farming secret?

How did you manage to haggle the price up?
Just one of those guys that likes to buy stuff to one-up the next person guess he figured out he couldn't drive it like me LMAO, he said he's a off-road person and likes his max so was willing to sell this road vehicle to me
Yeah, the charger and lipos should have been tossed in for the $600. Firm. Smart lipos and Chargers are not all that. I know they cost a bundle. Just far from the good stuff at half the price. For the price he paid, OP has no 2 year warranty on the rig or lipos and charger, that's all.
Kind of like Used cars these days. The prices are almost as high as New ones being in short supply.
A used car worth $2k 2 years ago, is worth $6k now. Ludicrous. Not the time to buy any cars now. Let the bubble burst before you do this.
I get strangers offering money for my 16 yo Toyota SUV. It does look fairly new at that. Low miles.
OP should have purchased a new Infr out the box.:rolleyes: Warranty alone can be priceless. At least for 2 years. HH factors in the warranty in their price no doubt. Well worth it however.
Just me.(y)
Actually I have a warranty on everything, don't know where you're getting the me losing all of my warranties from?
@Chrisfreshlife , why do you feel the Smart lipos and charger alone new is worth $1k?

The 3's batteries are about 100 a pop the 6s batteries are about 200 a pop the charger was like about 200 believe so that's where I'm getting that ballpark number. If you want to get actual down to the last penny it would be more less around eight or nine hundred I guess
Sorry everybody I feel like I'm trying to reply to individuals and it's quoting or replying to the wrong questions not sure what's happening
Either way I'm happy with the deal I just broke down the math and got about $1580.00 worth of stuff for 700 bucks, still have allll warranty as well so yea. Loving it.

Last edited:
Just one of those guys that likes to buy stuff to one-up the next person guess he figured out he couldn't drive it like me LMAO, he said he's a off-road person and likes his max so was willing to sell this road vehicle to me

Actually I have a warranty on everything, don't know where you're getting the me losing all of my warranties from?

Sorry everybody I feel like I'm trying to reply to individuals and it's quoting or replying to the wrong questions not sure what's happening
Either way I'm happy with the deal I just broke down the math and got about $1580.00 worth of stuff for 700 bucks, still have allll warranty as well so yea. Loving it.
That's how much the stuff costs new, not what it is worth used.

Technically, no. The warranty on Horizon / Arrma / Spektrum only applies to the original purchaser and is non-transferable. Some people get the receipts from the original purchaser and pretend to be the original owner but the warranty terms are spelled out on the respective websites:

41421CC8-6608-49F5-A52F-DC799B4419DC.jpeg
1BD123AA-89B9-4E8C-8EFE-5A6754B2596D.jpeg

Did the title always say onion or did someone change it?

The first couple times I saw the read I didn’t notice, and then the next time it popped up I saw it right away.
Did it purposely lol
Technically, no. The warranty on Horizon / Arrma / Spektrum only applies to the original purchaser and is non-transferable. Some people get the receipts from the original purchaser and pretend to be the original owner but the warranty terms are spelled out on the respective websites:

View attachment 217789View attachment 217790
So if I know the owner that loves down the street from me technically this vehicle was never sold and he can still do all of the warranty work if needed or is that not work either?

Did it purposely lol

So if I know the owner that loves down the street from me technically this vehicle was never sold and he can still do all of the warranty work if needed or is that not work either?
You're fine. I've noticed most people end up buying the part they need anyway and using the warranty replacement part as a spare or not bothering with it at all. Enjoy your rig. And yes the original owner could help you out with that easily and I'd be fine doing it for a major part like an esc or motor, I probably wouldn't bother him or HH with lesser parts.

You're fine. I've noticed most people end up buying the part they need anyway and using the warranty replacement part as a spare or not bothering with it at all. Enjoy your rig. And yes the original owner could help you out with that easily and I'd be fine doing it for a major part like an esc or motor, I probably wouldn't bother him or HH with lesser parts.
Okay cool I was wondering about that, I reread my question and it kind of sounded dickish which I assure was not. I just know the kid pretty good that I got it from so yeah definitely ESC and motor issues will be replaced everything else I'll just eat

Kind of depends how the receipt is made out. If it's just a generic receipt showing the vehicle purchase without a name then you should be fine. If it shows the name, then it may be harder, but you can always claim it was given to you as a gift and you got the receipt from the gifter...

He did say that they were.
"Because he wanted $600 just for the car at first I kind of laughed at him I said throw the smart charger and plus all of your spectrum batteries, so that jumped it up the extra $100 for the extra $1,000 in gear"

Yeah not sure if the charger and a handful of batteries is worth $1,000 but whatever floats his boat.
Isnt it like 120 per pack and the charger is 250 or something?

Isnt it like 120 per pack and the charger is 250 or something?
Given he needed batteries for this rig anyway coming from a different RC brand, (changing connectors) he made a killing and I really don't care that they are 3 weeks used, he has all the data in the G2 system to verify they are good and how they were used,
He got either 4 or 6 of the 3s and 1 6s and the S2100, the S2200 is 250-ish. Got the 100C on the 6S, unknown but probably the 50c on the 3S batts and some extra tires.
Image 5-16-22 at 10.07 AM.jpg

View attachment 217789View attachment 217790
@Chrisfreshlife,
@Engineer is correct about the warranty. They are NOT transferrable. Only for the original purchaser. HH can be a stickler about this. That's all.
Maybe the seller is a close friend and would be named in the warranty for claim purposes.... IDK your situation.
I've bought used Arrma's and other brands before. Just that Arrma has the unique 2 year warranty. It can be priceless for some of us. HH will replace an ESC pretty much for an unlimited amount of times within 2 years as one example. Do the math. A big savings. Just playing devils advocate here.

Please don't feel we are beating you up at all. Just relating how many guys approach buying used rigs and all. Comes up here numerous times, guys asking if a particular rig used is a good deal or not. Usually before the sale.

You have an Arrma rig now. All that matters.
Enjoy your Infr.(y)
:cool:

@Chrisfreshlife,
@Engineer is correct about the warranty. They are NOT transferrable. Only for the original purchaser. HH can be a stickler about this. That's all.
Maybe the seller is a close friend and would be named in the warranty for claim purposes.... IDK your situation.
I've bought used Arrma's and other brands before. Just that Arrma has the unique 2 year warranty. It can be priceless for some of us. HH will replace an ESC pretty much for an unlimited amount of times within 2 years as one example. Do the math. A big savings. Just playing devils advocate here.

Please don't feel we are beating you up at all. Just relating how many guys approach buying used rigs and all. Comes up here numerous times, guys asking if a particular rig used is a good deal or not. Usually before the sale.

You have an Arrma rig now. All that matters.
Enjoy your Infr.(y)
:cool:
Very understandable and thank you appreciate everyone's feedback. But yeah I jumped on this deal because I basically know everything about the rig and batteries, some of the G2 batteries haven't even had the bubble wrap peeled off of them yet they are so new, my biggest and only issue was his dumbass wrecked it the one time but I know exactly what the damage was because I was the one who fixed it but other than that I just couldn't let it pass by. And to top it off I haven't paid a dime yet and he told me to just throw him a couple hundred bucks here and there when I have it so it's not even like it's putting a dent in the pocket at all for me. I now own the arrma felony infraction now the Limitless roller will be next unless im talked out of it!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back