Infraction Your onion about this infraction!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisfreshlife

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
Getting a infraction off a friend, long story short cars brand new has taken one solid hit, also in reality only has about 4 straight real driving hours in it, and a few minor things that I already replaced for him, the truck is running again but when the trim is perfectly up and down the truck Cuts hard right. I have not messed with it much but I think he got sick of it and sold it to me tonight. He said $600 at first(wee haggled cuz i new what else i was going to tell to thrown in deal being his only arrma!!!!) and then we finalize the deal at $700. The package will include the truck itself everything that came in the box so controller stickers blah blah blah. Also a s2100 smart charger one 6s smart battery 100mAh believe 4 or 6 - 3S g2 smart batteries and maybe a set of tires, batteries all brand new OR about 3 weeks old so far. Not a bad deal imo. Really wanted a new pew pews thats been calling my but this is kind of hard to pass and kinda of cheaper to.LMFAO..... whats yall thought?? Pretty good deal?!?

20220513_225743.jpg

Getting a infraction off a friend, long story short cars brand new has taken one solid hit, also in reality only has about 4 straight real driving hours in it, and a few minor things that I already replaced for him, the truck is running again but when the trim is perfectly up and down the truck Cuts hard right. I have not messed with it much but I think he got sick of it and sold it to me tonight. He said $600 at first(wee haggled cuz i new what else i was going to tell to thrown in deal being his only arrma!!!!) and then we finalize the deal at $700. The package will include the truck itself everything that came in the box so controller stickers blah blah blah. Also a s2100 smart charger one 6s smart battery 100mAh believe 4 or 6 - 3S g2 smart batteries and maybe a set of tires, batteries all brand new OR about 3 weeks old so far. Not a bad deal imo. Really wanted a new pew pews thats been calling my but this is kind of hard to pass and kinda of cheaper to.LMFAO..... whats yall thought?? Pretty good deal?!?

20220513_225743.jpg

Attachments

• 20220514_020126.jpg
    20220514_020126.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 36

View attachment 217448

How did you manage to haggle the price up?

How is the truck brand new if you already had to replace several things, it’s taken a „solid hit“ and apparently has problems with steering?

Edit: removed the quote, editing on a smartphone sucks.

As other have said, as long as you are happy all is good.

My perception of “brand new” just seems a little bit different, that’s also why I am done buying used RCs and used stuff in general.

Last edited:
So when I say brand new LOL I guess I use that term a little loosely. My buddy bought this brand new Straight Out of the Box drove it maybe three times total just going back and forth then on the 3rd Drive he clipped a parking Block doing a little over 30 oh, so it had to replace a few things in the front arm. So it's basically only has a few minutes of run time on it so to me it's pretty damn new LOL
How did you manage to haggle the price up?
Because he wanted $600 just for the car at first I kind of laughed at him I said throw the smart charger and plus all of your spectrum batteries, so that jumped it up the extra $100 for the extra $1,000 in gear

It's funny because my favorite 2 lineups from Arrma seem to be the most hated with the worst reps!?!?! Wth!! Lol.

Price was a tad high no doubt. Tires are shot. And you have NO 2 year warranty. To some of us the warranty is worth some coin there. But that is subjective.
You own it now. Don't look back. You have a nice rig there.(y)(y)(y)Enjoy it.
Just....
4 hours run time is far from a new rig. (n)You will understand this as you learn your rig. It is due for maintenance IMHO. Diffs, perhaps BB's and all.
>>>4 hours run time equates roughly to 16 runs on average from my experience.
Also, having a Lim and Infr for several years running now, the chassis becomes easily tweaked with crashes.
>>>I would bet the Farm that is why it wont steer straight. I would check and see if your Droop settings are correct. Possibly to dial out some of the chassis tweak there. Proper Chassis alignment is more critical. Out the box, it is all whacked out to begin with. If you neglect this, tires will wear out even faster. But have extra sets of tires on hand for these On road rigs. Blow outs will happen as they wear out. GRP's tend to be less money than Hoons are.
No matter what you do, a tweaked chassis is a tweaked chassis. More critical with the On road rigs. Been there. numerous times. You might simply need a new chassis. Think JennysRc for them. Cheapest alternative.
Had to buy a new Lim roller twice for parts due to some of my crashes. (Speed running) Both Infr and Lim. share the same chassis.
It just was cheaper buying another Lim roller at $400. for parts.

Last edited:
Price was a tad high no doubt. Tires are shot. And you have NO 2 year warranty. To some of us the warranty is worth some coin there. But that is subjective.
You own it now. Don't look back. You have a nice rig there.(y)(y)(y)Enjoy it.
Just....
4 hours run time is far from a new rig. (n)You will understand this as you learn your rig. It is due for maintenance IMHO. Diffs, perhaps BB's and all.
>>>4 hours run time equates roughly to 16 runs on average from my experience.
Also, having a Lim and Infr for several years running now, the chassis becomes easily tweaked with crashes.
>>>I would bet the Farm that is why it wont steer straight. I would check and see if your Droop settings are correct. Possibly to dial out some of the chassis tweak there. Proper Chassis alignment is more critical. Out the box, it is all whacked out to begin with. If you neglect this, tires will wear out even faster. But have extra sets of tires on hand for these On road rigs. Blow outs will happen as they wear out. GRP's tend to be less money than Hoons are.
No matter what you do, a tweaked chassis is a tweaked chassis. More critical with the On road rigs. Been there. numerous times. You might simply need a new chassis. Think JennysRc for them. Cheapest alternative.
Had to buy a new Lim roller twice for parts due to some of my crashes. (Speed running) Both Infr and Lim. share the same chassis.
It just was cheaper buying another Lim roller at $400. for parts.
Re-reading my post last night I was a little twisted so forgive me LOL I was wondering where you seen that it had a few hours of drive time? And I see where I stated at that above, I was a little out of IT last night and sitting here thinking about it that car literally probably has about 30 to 60 Minutes of real drive time on it, but either way totally besides the point I get what you are saying. I am going to break down the car a little more today and get into it to see exactly what's wrong. But my biggest thing was I'm running all of the smart G2 batteries that everybody "loves"....😂, so just the batteries and the charger that I needed to buy anywe was mostly a deal with the car kind of thrown in to sweeten the deal a bit but either way around I am happy with the purchase regardless. Time to start troubleshooting
Also by the way the car does drive a perfectly straight line I just have to trim my tab a little further than my comfort level but the wheels do go straight and it drives and runs perfect

Re-reading my post last night I was a little twisted so forgive me LOL I was wondering where you seen that it had a few hours of drive time? And I see where I stated at that above, I was a little out of IT last night and sitting here thinking about it that car literally probably has about 30 to 60 Minutes of real drive time on it, but either way totally besides the point I get what you are saying. I am going to break down the car a little more today and get into it to see exactly what's wrong. But my biggest thing was I'm running all of the smart G2 batteries that everybody "loves"....😂, so just the batteries and the charger that I needed to buy anywe was mostly a deal with the car kind of thrown in to sweeten the deal a bit but either way around I am happy with the purchase regardless. Time to start troubleshooting
Also by the way the car does drive a perfectly straight line I just have to trim my tab a little further than my comfort level but the wheels do go straight and it drives and runs perfect
I have had zero problems with G2 batteries and same charger. I think you got a great deal considering the extra's and as others have mentioned just dial in your alignment and check for bent chassis and perhaps unseen cracked parts that might be contributing to the issue which you stated is controllable already.

So when I say brand new LOL I guess I use that term a little loosely. My buddy bought this brand new Straight Out of the Box drove it maybe three times total just going back and forth then on the 3rd Drive he clipped a parking Block doing a little over 30 oh, so it had to replace a few things in the front arm. So it's basically only has a few minutes of run time on it so to me it's pretty damn new LOL

Because he wanted $600 just for the car at first I kind of laughed at him I said throw the smart charger and plus all of your spectrum batteries, so that jumped it up the extra $100 for the extra $1,000 in gear

It's funny because my favorite 2 lineups from Arrma seem to be the most hated with the worst reps!?!?! Wth!! Lol.
Oh I must have missed that part.

^^^
Yeah, I thought he was justifying the extra $100. paid for the charger and lipos, thinking they were worth $1k alone themselves.:rolleyes:

^^^
Yeah, I thought he was justifying the extra $100. paid for the charger and lipos, thinking they were worth $1k alone themselves.:rolleyes:
He did say that they were.
"Because he wanted $600 just for the car at first I kind of laughed at him I said throw the smart charger and plus all of your spectrum batteries, so that jumped it up the extra $100 for the extra $1,000 in gear"

Yeah not sure if the charger and a handful of batteries is worth $1,000 but whatever floats his boat.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back