You're not supposed to hit your kids...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nino

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
...and boy was I tested today ?
Little dude took a lighter and set my Kraton spares box on fire. Except one scorched side guard and molten nylon all over, looks like no damage. Better that he went pyro on this than the gas canister 5 feet away in the shed :unsure:

IMG_20200426_095915.jpg

Glad it wasn't serious. Parts are replaceable not lives. But yeah, yet another reason my work room stays locked whether I am in it or not.

Me to my family members "don't touch my koolaid bro!" :ROFLMAO:

Little dude took a lighter and set my Kraton spares box on fire.
4 years old, he just stared and nodded. ?‍♂️
Tbh if a little boy that young got hold of a lighter I'd be more inclined to tell off the parents or siblings that let him get hold of it. :p

Been there myself as a child though ~ back in the 80's when I was around 8 years old I got hold of some matches used to light the gas cooker that one of my parents had obviously left out.

I set fire to a plastic Fisher-Price car garage in the garden that I was playing with. :devilish:
Unfortunately it was next to a fence which it also set fire too, ....that was next to some rubbish bags which also set fire. Cue little 8 year old me panicking running back and forth to the kitchen filling a milk bottle with water trying to put it all out! :oops::ROFLMAO:
Luckily my Dad spotted me and put it out quickly with a hose before the shed went up as well.

I'm sure your little lad will learn from this or at the very least have a story to tell on an RC forum in like 20-30 years time. ;)

Late 80’s I was trying to lite fireworks in the hay barn. My dad caught me tore my ass up then made me write. I WILL NOT PLAY WITH FIRE a hundred times then had to go give it to the fire dept??‍♂️ My dad was a volunteer firefighter at the time so he got the papers back and my mom put um in my baby book??

I prefer the "Teach em, don't beat em" approach.

I was fortunate to have an older brother who taught me how to use fire to do certain "questionable" things but also how to control it. We had a lot of good times doing things most folks would frown upon without burning our parents property, or barn, house etc.

Teach the boy how hazardous fire is while also teaching him how to use it safely.

When i was 8 we found a lighter and i started experimenting next to a dumpster...the newspaper must've had a solvent on it bc it practically exploded in my hand and i threw it into the dumpster... literally a dumpster fire!! It was quite a show with the exploding aerosol cans. Fire department had to come out. I got a few licks for that one. ??

The little caveman in us is still amazed by fire, I think. I used to burn and/or blow up stuff too as a kid.

I remember one time a couple of us kids from the neigborhood drained some diesel from a bulldozer and went on our way. A couple of minutes later we heard a huge explosion. The ground was literally shaking. I almost poop my pants. Turns out a couple of rockets hit the ground just outside our town (there was a war going on but my town was targeted only twice so we weren't used to it... this was one of the times). We thought the bulldozer exploded! :ROFLMAO:

And my kid nags me almost every day to build a fire in our BBQ so he can throw twigs and leaves in it. Runs in the family I guess ?‍♂️

The little caveman in us is still amazed by fire, I think. I used to burn and/or blow up stuff too as a kid.

I remember one time a couple of us kids from the neigborhood drained some diesel from a bulldozer and went on our way. A couple of minutes later we heard a huge explosion. The ground was literally shaking. I almost poop my pants. Turns out a couple of rockets hit the ground just outside our town (there was a war going on but my town was targeted only twice so we weren't used to it... this was one of the times). We thought the bulldozer exploded! :ROFLMAO:

And my kid nags me almost every day to build a fire in our BBQ so he can throw twigs and leaves in it. Runs in the family I guess ?‍♂️
So your thought was, "phew, we're only under attack with rockets...thank god it wasn't that bull dozer!" That's a very unique thought to have as a child. ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back