You're right about that pinion!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crewchief227

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Changed over the Outcast today to the 16t pinion, and wow there was a lot of red threadlock. I knew I would need heat (thanks to you all here), and figured the least riskiest heat source would be my soldering iron. So I touched it to the grub screw, and in a few minutes had the little guy out, but that wasn't the hard part. They, had so much dumped in the (see below), that I actually pulled out a mini big red strip of it. Unbelievable, QC needs to have a talk with that station. ?
IMG_20190619_142434.jpg
IMG_20190619_142401.jpg

Also I changed out my rear diff fluid to 100k as a "test", and they actually had it shimmed, but was surprised to see no gasket.

high powerd cars that are bashers/stunt trucks need alot of LT, it's better for them to put too much than have people complain it fell off and warranty their spur.

I thought mine didn't but it was hiding. Pure camouflaged, luckily another member pointed me to look harder. Sure enough it was there.

@Crewchief227 I had the same problem with my Typhon V4 when I tried to swap out the pinion. I finally brought it to my lhs. It even gave them a hard time. They gave me new bolts because they stripped the original ones trying to crack them loose. Ended up cutting slots in the head of the bolts and using a back-out bit to get them the rest of the way out. Pain in the ass...

Seriously no gasket. I even put a rim of grease around the diff carrier to "seal" it. Every other diff I've done has had them, it was also not "dry" but way below the cross pins.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back