YouTube Forum drive! Time to Like and Subscribe!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
YouTube isn't just for kids anymore. The RC world is taking YouTube by storm, and many of the great Arrma Forum members are taking a stab at online stardom. The great thing about how @WoodiE has set things up, is we can just click on a video, and watch it right from the forum. Hooray for us! But wait. What about the person who runs that channel? Maybe they would like to have YouTube notice them as well? The likes of @Rich Duperbash , @RC DUDE81 , @Aussie RC Playground, @Thomas P, and countless others, didn't just burst into online stardom with a simple download. They had to work to get likes and subscribers.

When you watch that video on the forum, and hit like in the post, that's a very kind gesture. I for one, appreciate the likes and kind words offered by so many of the members. But if you click on where it says YouTube at the bottom of the clip, that opens it in a browser link to their channel. When you hit LIKE there, that's when the suits at YouTube start to take notice. Hit SUBSCRIBE, and alarm bells start to go off at the head office! The chatter begins with "Who is this guy/girl?", "Why are they getting so much attention for that video of a toy truck jumping and crashing?", "Did you hear about this group of crazy cats that call themselves the Arrma Forum?", "Does it always snow in Canada?" The buzz has started, so then the file goes up the ladder, and eventually lands on the head honchos desk. Who knows what happens from there, but I'd sure like to find out.

If a kid who opens toys, can get that many people to follow him on YouTube, imagine what an Arrma 3s/6s rig, triple back flipping, nose landing, wheel losing, body crunching video can do.

So what I'm proposing, is that we band together, and crash the YouTube empire! Click on the link to the channel when you see a new video here in the forum, watch it, like it, dislike it (but that's just not forum etiquette) and if you really enjoyed it, subscribe to the channel. To make it easier for all the forum members to find you, use this thread to post a link to your channel. Subscribing to YouTube channels costs nothing, and ultimately, will make your browsing experience more enjoyable. There's no limit to how many channels you can subscribe to, so start making your YouTube experience an even better one, and subscribe to forum member's channels today. If you don't have a gmail account, this is a great reason to get one. Then before you know it, you could be a YouTube sensation yourself! Look out Kevin T, the members are organizing, and are ready to march into a YouTube battle!
Of course, I have made a shameless link to my channel here, but it only takes a minute for you to do the same.

NOTORIOUS J

Your videos don't have to be great (mine aren't exactly cutting edge), and it definitely takes a lot of time, but as a person who likes to check out what other members have to offer each day, they are all entertaining and worthy of a good like.
Happy YouTubing!

Last edited:
You're gonna love Thomas' channel. Awesome running vids in the most incredible gravel pit backdrop you can imagine, and the greatest compilation of "how to's" an Arrma owner could ask for. His custom builds are out of this world. During his interview with Vas, Jason Dearden of Arrma even gave him credit for the idea behind the Outcast.

YouTube isn't for just for kids anymore. The RC world is taking YouTube by storm, and many of the great Arrma Forum members are taking a stab at online stardom. The great thing about how @WoodiE has set things up, is we can just click on a video, and watch it right from the forum. Hooray for us! But wait. What about the person who runs that channel? Maybe they would like to have YouTube notice them as well? The likes of @Rich Duperbash , @RC DUDE81 , @Aussie RC Playground, @Thomas P, and countless others, didn't just burst into online stardom with a simple download. They had to work to get likes and subscribers.
When you watch that video on the forum, and hit like in the post, that's a very kind gesture. I for one, appreciate the likes and kind words offered by so many of the members. But if you click on where it says YouTube at the bottom of the clip, that opens it in a browser link to their channel. When you hit LIKE there, that's when the suits at YouTube start to take notice. Hit SUBSCRIBE, and alarm bells start to go off at the head office! The chatter begins with "Who is this guy/girl?", "Why are they getting so much attention for that video of a toy truck jumping and crashing?", "Did you hear about this group of crazy cats that call themselves the Arrma Forum?", "Does it always snow in Canada?" The buzz has started, so then the file goes up the ladder, and eventually lands on the head honchos desk. Who knows what happens from there, but I'd sure like to find out.
If a kid who opens toys, can get that many people to follow him on YouTube, imagine what an Arrma 3s/6s rig, triple back flipping, nose landing, wheel losing, body crunching video can do.
So what I'm proposing, is that we band together, and crash the YouTube empire! Click on the link to the channel when you see a new video here in the forum, watch it, like it, dislike it (but that's just not forum etiquette) and if you really enjoyed it, subscribe to the channel. To make it easier for all the forum members to find you, use this thread to post a link to your channel. Subscribing to YouTube channels costs nothing, and ultimately, will make your browsing experience more enjoyable. There's no limit to how many channels you can subscribe to, so start making your YouTube experience an even better one, and subscribe to forum member's channels today. If you don't have a gmail account, this is a great reason to get one. Then before you know it, you could be a YouTube sensation yourself! Look out Kevin T, the members are organizing, and are ready to march into a YouTube battle!
Of course, I have made a shameless link to my channel here, but it only takes a minute for you to do the same.

NOTORIOUS J

Your videos don't have to be great (mine aren't exactly cutting edge), and it definitely takes a lot of time, but as a person who likes to check out what other members have to offer each day, they are all entertaining and worthy of a good like.
Happy YouTubing!

I just Subbed to your channel only because I love Your Noto's Paint Job! Hahaha! : ) : )

I must say, youtube is a massive tool better then any you can buy in a shop, without i would hardly know the things i do, also forums and people's willingness to share knowledge in this hobby is unbelievable, i CANNOT thank people who make videos and how to videos enough, cos quite frankly I'd be lost without them.

I keep thinking about trying maybe i might ?? watch out internet ?

Yes it good to always hit the thumbs up for these youtbe channels. It does a make a difference. Here is a link to my channel if anyone wants to help me get my subs up. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmRaNgQA-ee6x_YFGNW3-8w Winter is almost over and the videos will start to get good again. Big RC vacation I have planned here in 2 weeks. Epic location!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back