YouTube - SpinRush_RC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpinRush_C1

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
It’s 2020! Life changes are full effect. My YouTube channel SpinRush_C1 has had some limited success. My videos have been hit and miss when it comes to views. I am getting viewership from target audience though. Now it’s time for something fresh!

SpinRush_RC. JDM and R/C Enthusiasts both love cars. It may be distracting to have all the content in one channel so I decided to start a 2nd channel just for R/C and Drones. I’m starting with the artwork and channel layout first. The videos will come later.

I am not sponsored and have no desire to get paid for it. I like my day job and that’s that. I make videos just to communicate with people. I wish I knew how to make my own channel animation though. That would be super cool.

Let’s start with the artwork for the channel. Picture below. What do you think?

143B4927-F3EA-4BDB-AA76-B396080C8D63.png

I’ve watched so many R/C videos and I’ve isolated the process to a few must have points.
This is YouTube formula I’ve come up with:

The Intro - Show the car! Have other cars in the background. Take the top off and show the internal bits.
The Control - Talk about the control. Mention how I love another controller better.
The Upgrades - What did I do to the car? Brag about how I swapped something from one car to another.
The Practical Run - Bash the car! Show jumps. Bring the camera low to the ground and spit rocks and dust at it.
The Chase - Run after the car with a GoPro stick or headcam.
The Background Music - Anything that sounds like Metallica Master of Puppets for background music.

It’s going to start slow, but hopefully I’ll make some good vids this year.

The Intro - Show the car! Have other cars in the background. Take the top off and show the internal bits.

You can do dedicated videos for this or show it at the beginning of the video, or even talk about it while you drive the car without the need to show.

The Practical Run - Bash the car! Show jumps. Bring the camera low to the ground and spit rocks and dust at it.
The Chase - Run after the car with a GoPro stick or headcam.

Slow motion can be cool to watch, but it isn't what i prefer watching.

The Background Music - Anything that sounds like Metallica Master of Puppets for background music.

No, you will lost the audiance from those who don't like that, me the first. I prefer hear the sound of the car or the driver who explain something. I like many kind of musics, but i don't watch rc videos to listen a music i don't want to hear at this moment, it even happen that i cut the sound when it is too boring, or directly stop watching.

The Artwork is nothing, the most important is the content of the videos. You can take a photo of an rc car at a good angle and it can be enough. This isn't what will bring you more subscrivers. You can even change it sometime.

This is my 2 cents, i have a small channel which grow slowly but it grow (3240 subscribers), i don't really search to make it grow, i do what i can when i have the time to do it, and more important i try to put the information i would like to see on other channels.

Here few channels i would take as example : Aussie rc playground, CCxRC, Rich duperbash, RCDUDE 81, Bicketybam, Razor RC, The RCnetwork (there is more, the list can be long)...If you watch the channels which have the biggest audience, most of them talk about many different cars, a lot of different cars, some of them are affiliate with some shops also (mainly chinese shops), i think about Kevin talbot, RCbuyer, Thercsyalors, Jake billing...Almost all of them post videos regulary, the regularity is something to do if you want to keep your subscribers, this is something i don't do. If you can post a video the same day every week, or every 15 days, more or less, but be regular, it will be good for your channel.

What i saw bring me more subscribers is to talk about a new car, be the first to make a video on this car bring views and subscribers, but this car must be already popular even before it starting to be sold. For me it was the WLtoys 12428, i was the first to make a video on this car, and my videos weren't so nice :LOL:

You can also put your videos on forums, this will bring you an audience, but it is better to be a member on these forums and not only come there to get audience.

Good luck in your project.

Good luck! I will have a look at your channel.

I'd recommend to keep the talking to a minimum. Presenting the car and its features at the beginning is good, especially if you have something original to say about it, but I don't like videos where I have to look at and listen to the youtuber for 15 minutes before getting 3 minutes of action. That is unless you have exceptional communication skills and have something really original to say. If you want to make longer videos, make sure to add the time at which the viewer can see the various parts in the description (so that it's easy to skip parts).

My personal preference is <10minutes vids. As a viewer, I think it's better to leave your audience wanting for more at the end of the video than risking boring your viewer. People watching youtube have a short attention span... :)

If you are looking for view counts I have found that you need diverse content (parts reviews, parts installs, driving videos, etc)
Also you gain subscribers from various parts of the hobby like 1/8 bashers and different viewers from 1/10 on road etc.

Overall my pride speed run build does not get 1/4 of the views of some part install how-to videos.

Example here of the review of my car versus the number of views on the Limitless spool:
YTCapture.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back