Senton ZAP(finishing resin)on 3d printed lights?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LudeNation

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Notorious
  5. Senton 3s
I bought some 3d printed(not sure of filament used) lights for my Senton v3. Would it be a good idea to coat them in ZAP(Finishing Resin) for extra protection?
If not I am open to ideas and suggestions. Thanks!
20210310_082615.jpg
20210602_080211.jpg

I bought some 3d printed(not sure of filament used) lights for my Senton v3. Would it be a good idea to coat them in ZAP(Finishing Resin) for extra protection?
If not I am open to ideas and suggestions. Thanks!
View attachment 149737View attachment 149739
It's not a bad idea. I have never used the stuff so I don't know if it will burn the plastic like acid(probably not) or work well.

It's not a bad idea. I have never used the stuff so I don't know if it will burn the plastic like acid(probably not) or work well.
I have used it several times on other 3d printed parts so I know it will not burn the filament. Only used it for decoration prints, never on something that will take a bashing.

I have used it several times on other 3d printed parts so I know it will not burn the filament. Only used it for decoration prints, never on something that will take a bashing.
If it doesn't wreck the filament or weaken it, i'd say go ahead. But then again like I said, I don't know the stuff. I'd do it myself if it makes it look better, even if it didn't change the strength.

I used to much epoxy and it didn't come out to good. thicker in some areas and you can see it. I've learned how to use it since then and am now getting amazing results. It is very flexible and durable. Highly recommended for 3d printed bashing parts or for a simple gloss look.

20211109_151011.jpg

Back